Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Talk to me about your bazookas!

(36 Posts)
kaykayblue Tue 24-Jun-14 17:37:44

Hey ladies,

I was just interested to hear how pregnancy affected your boob size. I promise I am in fact a 30 year old woman and not some pervy teenage boy!!

I have never had much in the way of boobs, and wear 32 or 34B bras. They are hugely uncomfortable, but I can't bring myself to buy the 30D that I should apparently be wearing (I can't get my head around how my tiny boobs could be a D!!).

Anyway, I would love to hear whether you ladies got impressive pregnancy cleavages, and whether they stayed bigger after the fact, or if they returned to your pre-pregnancy size.

I am dreaming of the days when I put on dresses and have a proper cleavage, so I'd rather know now if this bubble is going to be popped in reality...

MrsMonkeyBear Tue 24-Jun-14 17:52:42

I was pre-preg a 28B/C and now at 22+4, I caved and got measured a couple of days ago, I'm fitting comfortably into a 30E!!!! I know they are going to get bigger too!!

kaykayblue Tue 24-Jun-14 18:01:24

Crikey!!! As a genuine question, has the increase made a difference to your clothing size for tops? Or are you in all maternity stuff now anyway (which I know tends to be stretchier)

OhTheDrama Tue 24-Jun-14 18:02:26

They are bloody sore, at 6 weeks they have gone up a cup size to 34F. Dread to think what size they will end up!

kaykayblue Tue 24-Jun-14 18:18:10

Cleavage ahoy!!

Are you waiting it out a bit before buying bigger bras?

DearDinah Tue 24-Jun-14 18:22:55

I have small orbs, but still measure 32E, I was wearing a 36A before mumsnet taught me how to measure correctly! Before pregnancy I was 32DD, I don't expect to grow too much more unless milk really swells them. I plan to check my size again just after giving birth. To ride me over I've just got comfort bras in size small from asda. They're so comfy!

DearDinah Tue 24-Jun-14 18:23:35

Tide me over not ride me over! Lol

OhTheDrama Tue 24-Jun-14 19:14:07

kay I'm mainly wearing my sports bras at the moment. If I get to 12 weeks I'll go and get a maternity one.

MrsMonkeyBear Tue 24-Jun-14 19:20:39

I'm still in my size 6-8 stretchy tops n t-shirts but have had to buy a couple of larger summery tops to accommodate the 2 cantaloupes and watermelon it looks like I'm smuggling most days.

I haven't bothered with mat clothes as I'd sooner spend £30 in primark on a larger size. also stealing DHs clothes is paying dividends

the cup size on a 30D would have the same volumes as a 32C or a 34B but would offer more support and probably be much more comfortable.

Cup size means nothing without back size and not all D cups are the same i.e. a D cup on a 30 back is not the same as a D cup on a 36 back.

Heatherbell1978 Tue 24-Jun-14 19:52:54

I was 34D and now 34F - and that was the case by 8 wks preggers! They haven't really change since then (I'm now 32 wks), in fact if anything I thought they'd shrunk a bit a few weeks ago as one of my bras felt a bit loose but perhaps my imagination! I need to star thinking about nursing bras but apparently should wait until I'm about 36 wks incase they have another spurt!

squizita Tue 24-Jun-14 20:00:07

ilove that's not always the case (it's why people think a 34c is 'like' a 32d). There's a bit of a myth with some sellers that you can't have a skinny torso and large breasts which make some bra sizes which are relatively common on bodies terribly hard to find in shops. I know because I'm a 32E normally ... and have measured the cups against 34 and 36 when trying on: in most of the stores, the cup is the same. A 34D just won't do, no matter how much the sales lady tries to tell me: it just won't fit round my boob!
Thank goodness for Debenhams for affordable bras.

Right now it's getting silly, I need to go back and get yet more!! 28 weeks and on my 3rd lot of bras since the positive test.

Boudica1990 Tue 24-Jun-14 20:06:45

I'm 33weeks and was a 32FF at the beginning of my pregnancy and am still a 32FF now.

They have not changed, or grown in the slightest sad I haven't even had any changes in nipple either.

squizita Tue 24-Jun-14 20:13:40

Boudica annoyingly the only change in my nips is they are dry/peeling like sunburn! Have to bio oil them or they itch. Yuk! And the boobs have gone veiny, I guess there's more "pressure" in there pushing the veins so they can be seen.

penguins123 Tue 24-Jun-14 21:19:38

my ribs have got bigger. i was a 30 back prepregnancy, now 34 is too tight at 37wks. boob size has not changed at all sad still tiny with not even a crease underneath

MojitoCake Tue 24-Jun-14 21:40:02

My tits are so big I nearly knocked a man out in the bakery queue! I was a 32G before pregnancy and I'm now 32weeks and I'm now a 36I!!! I've also gone from a size 12 to a 16. I think I'll be an 18 by the time I give birth and I'll probably use a hammock as a bra when my milk comes in.

Boobilicious.

kaykayblue Tue 24-Jun-14 23:04:19

Sorry mojito but your post made me laugh so much! I hope you aren't having any problems with your back.

I didn't even know that bra's went up to an "I" !!!!!

TwigletFiend Wed 25-Jun-14 11:25:10

^Ditto! grin Sorry mojito, but I had to laugh!

19+3 here and absolutely no change in size, though disturbingly they have changed shape. I was a very modest 34B at start and am same now, but my boobs appear to be spreading sideways across my chest?! Which means they are getting flatter and look smaller. If they keep going, I'm going to have one little shelf all the way across, like a speedbump. Joy hmm

SandwichBag Wed 25-Jun-14 14:05:38

I've gone from a 32C to a 34D, although the woman in the Bra shop was insisting I buy a 36D to grow into and was lecturing me about not wearing underwire etc about a month ago... so I brought a 34D padded underwired gorgeous Bra and it still fits happily now at 30 weeks! Although to be fair I live in Belvia's as they are soo comfy. (psst you can get a set of 4 from JML for �19.99 at the moment).

Brought 2 maternity bras from Next and they are soo uncomfortable I just cant wear them at all.

My nipples have also been soo sore... in fact I can tell when i'm going to have a bit of a growth spurt as they get sore again. Aveeno Cream works very well on keeping them flake free and not itchy smile

squizita Wed 25-Jun-14 14:07:40

Sandwich my MW said a wired bra is fine provided it fits perfectly: non wired ones have more gaps for error without pain/discomfort.

RedToothBrush Wed 25-Jun-14 14:25:07

I've given up.

I was a 28F.

God knows what I am now. I got measured up and got one maternity bra (it was the biggest size they did). Hardly any shops do maternity underwear in store anymore, and no shops do maternity bras bigger than I currently have. Even ones the same size as the one I have currently are a joke. I've tried similar sizes on to utterly laughable result. And I'm loathe to spend huge amounts of money and have the hassle of mail order at this stage. I know I'll have to get another one or two soon, but I simply can't face it right now.

Its utterly appalling to be honest.

slightlyinsane Wed 25-Jun-14 16:40:43

With my 1st I went from a 34b to ff and I'm sorry to say that afterwards once I'd lost all the preg weight they went down to a c. I could cope with that the thing I wasn't prepared for was the damage the increase then decrease did to them. The muscle at the top of my boobs is now none existent and struggle to find bras that fit :-) on the plus side after another 3 pregnancies theyhaven't got any worse.

spence24 Wed 25-Jun-14 17:26:05

SO glad others are having the same problems! I was a 34GG/32H - I'm only 8+4 at the moment, but already I'm rather snug, and relying on my more comfy, older stretched out ones until I can afford a blow-out trip to Bravissimo! Had to research what sizes I can get up to, as expecting an I or J cup to not be out of the question.

Sigh. OH seems happy though. Git.

scummy2b Wed 25-Jun-14 19:26:08

I, currently at 7 weeks, have one 32DDD bra that fits properly still. I desperately need to buy more (especially as it's black and so looks ridiculous with my summery tops), but they're so expensive. Plus who knows how much bigger they're going to get in the next few weeks?!
I was told the other day about someone who changed bra size 5 times during her pregnancy.

Boobsofsteel Thu 26-Jun-14 22:03:48

First pregnancy my back size went up but cup size stayed the same.

This time I've gone from a 36dd to a 36h and I'm only 28 weeks. I don't have a single bra that comes close to fitting because every time I order one they treble in size overnight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now