Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I think i need a slap!

(2 Posts)
liesal79 Tue 24-Jun-14 14:32:30

Hi all.

I had my dating scan yesterday, and found out I was in fact 14 weeks pregnant! smile Very happy as I have suffered from a MMC last year. I am 34. In earlier life, I had 2 abortions - I am not proud or pleased to reveal this but its important!

I am now panicking that I have a weaken cervix from the 2 abortions (14 years ago) and the D&C from the missed miscarriage..

Am I being overly paranoid???
Help needed and appreciated - and a slap I think! smile

Thanks all!

squizita Tue 24-Jun-14 15:04:14

If the terminations were early ones, they would be similar to a D&C and unlikely to have damaged your cervix (the risk has been exaggerated in the past for political/pro-life reasons: no surgical procedure is risk free but most likely all is well). If you're worried, ask your MW to speak to an Ob/Gyn at your local hospital- they can scan and check the thickness, inserting a stitch if required. Most likely you'll be OK. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now