Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

symptom concern (early pregnancy stage:4+3)

(8 Posts)
MrsAmelia Tue 24-Jun-14 07:14:32

I'm being paranoid, I hope, but my last pregnancy (ended in an MMC), I had distinctive symptoms at 4 weeks- particularly very swolllen and sensitive breasts. This time around they are only slightly full (minimally) and not sensitive at all. I do have symptom like insomnia and fatigue, but nothing else. It "feels" like a different pregnancy. That's just a 6th sense and my over-worried mindset, but still concerning given my previous MMC about 2 months ago.
Any of you experience less distinctive symptoms or very few so early on in pregnancy? Any reassuring words or advice would be appreciated.
[Blush]

Ducky23 Tue 24-Jun-14 07:19:58

It's a completely different pregnancy so try (I know it's impossible) not to worry too much x

With dd I had awful morning sickness, super sensitive smell and couldn't eat anythig, I am now 13+5 and haven't really had any symptoms smile have had 3 scans so I know everything is ok.

I felt the same as you, constantly worrying that it had gone wrong, but it's all ok so far.

Like I keep hearing, consider yourself lucky! Although your symptoms may hit like a bus in a few weeks wink

ShoeWhore Tue 24-Jun-14 07:24:42

I never had much in the way of symptoms this early but they kicked in with a vengeance later.

Except with my last pg, when I had barely any symptoms at all.

I understand your worries though - will your GP/mw book you in for a reassurance scan?

MrsAmelia Tue 24-Jun-14 07:32:10

Thanks Ducky23 & Shoewhore (LOVE your name!):
My local EPAU will do a 6 week scan b/c of my previous MMC. I am booked in but not for another 2 weeks. After feeling so elated about the BFP, now the fear/anxiety/worry is setting in b/c I don't want a recurrence.

As sick/stupid as it sounds...I totally welcome symptoms of sickness, especially if it means all is alright with the "bump".

Observer78 Tue 24-Jun-14 07:34:55

As the lady above has said - it's a totally different pregnancy. With one of mine, that ended up being "non viable" pregnancy (I'm guessing that's a term for an early MC)- less the morning sickness, I had the full works- everything that indicates pregnancy.
Sadly I'm far too familiar with miscarriages, which is why understand your trepidation, and wanted to assure you that strong symptoms don't necessarily mean successful pregnancy, and vice versa.
My current pregnancy started out with bad period cramps for a looooong time, and a tad more sensitive nipples. No sore boobs, no bloating, no backache, no fatigue etc etc.
Please don't read into it, nature is strange and has her own funny ways of handling things.

beccajoh Tue 24-Jun-14 07:36:07

I've not had any losses but my first pregnancy was symptom overload and my second I was just a bit tired all the way through, and didn't even realise I was pregnant until 6 weeks when I realised my period might be a bit late.

alarox Tue 24-Jun-14 07:55:42

I could have written this post! I'm 4 weeks 2 days gone and already worrying about the lack of symptoms. I've been TTC for 3 years, only been pregnant once in that time which ended at 8 weeks. I'm so thrilled to be pregnant again but at the same time terrified it will end any moment. I'm longing for the obvious symptoms to kick in to ease my worries a tiny bit. Silly isn't it? I'm calling my GP tomorrow, hopefully she'll send me to EPAU for a scan. Fingers crossed for us both!

bellaboo88 Tue 24-Jun-14 08:41:52

Hey, I'm 5w5 by early scan or 7w2 by LMP. I had spotting so early scan to rule out eptopic. If I'm honest, I wouldn't know I was preg otherwise. I'm expecting symptoms in a week or two. Realised there's no point worrying now because my body will do whats best & maybe I'm just a lucky one xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now