Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

28 weeks but measuring 33

(19 Posts)
dreamingofwineandcheese Mon 23-Jun-14 20:34:24

Saw the MW today, I'm 28 +1 but measuring 33 shock Booked for a growth scan tomorrow but just wondered if anyone else had this?

Can it mean anything else apart from a large baby? DS was 9lb9oz so I was expecting this one to be fairly big but I measured spot on with DS all the way through. I asked the MW what it could mean but she said it wasn't worth worrying myself with as everything is probably fine. All other checks were fine and baby is moving lots. Worried now though!

FoodieMum3 Mon 23-Jun-14 20:38:10

I'm 28 weeks as well and fundal height is measuring 31.5 cm/ weeks.

I've since discovered that it depends on your own weight, baby's position, fluid & placenta and really isn't that accurate at all.

I had a scan and everything was fine and baby spot on for dates. Maybe you will have another big baby but I wouldn't go by final height alone.

Hope that helps!

rightsaidfred Mon 23-Jun-14 20:38:41

I measured 5 weeks ahead with DS1- he was 9lb. Measured spot on with ds2 and he was 10lb.......

ilovemonstersInc Mon 23-Jun-14 20:40:12

Im 30weeka but never had bump measured. Had growth scan for another reason and they said baby is weeks ahead for growth.

I have another 2 scans to see how big he may be.

FoodieMum3 Mon 23-Jun-14 20:44:30

Ilovemonstersinc have you had a glucose tolerance test?

ilovemonstersInc Mon 23-Jun-14 20:51:08

On Thursday!
This is dc3. Didnt have gd with the others and don't expect to now either but better safe than sorry.
Ds1 was 8lb7 ds2 waa oz of 9lb

FoodieMum3 Mon 23-Jun-14 20:56:29

Best of luck, you'll be fine.
Dc3 here as well and test was negative.

ilovemonstersInc Mon 23-Jun-14 21:26:21

Thank you
good luck to you too
you know what your having? This will be ds 3

FoodieMum3 Mon 23-Jun-14 21:33:59

No, I didn't find out. Very very tempted but decided against.
I have 2 dd's and suspect another dd. I don't mind but hate the boy comments from other people. hmm bet it's the opposite for you!
Congratulations on your new ds, at least you can pick a name and have all his little things ready in advance smile

ilovemonstersInc Mon 23-Jun-14 21:44:18

Ive not told a lot of people so those who don't know keep saying ohh I hope you have a princess this time hmm all I want is to be ok during and after labor and same for baby too. I get far too ill be picky about what im having! Its a pain in the arse isnt it!

ilovemonstersInc Mon 23-Jun-14 21:44:57

Wooops looka like we've hijacked the thread lol

dreamingofwineandcheese Mon 23-Jun-14 21:57:17

Thanks for replies that has made me feel better. I had a GTT yesterday and all came back normal so I know it's not that at least!

FoodieMum3 Mon 23-Jun-14 22:03:16

That's good to know dreaming...

Ilivemonstersinc, I wish people would keep their thoughts to themselves hmm

hartmel Tue 24-Jun-14 15:41:28

OP- did you had scan already? How did it turn out?

dreamingofwineandcheese Tue 24-Jun-14 20:15:21

Just to update, had the scan today and baby measuring within the normal range for 28 weeks. Abdominal circumference is on the 95th centile as is the femur measurement but that's fine apparently. Interestingly baby was head down today where as yesterday when they measured baby was lying across and apparently that can make the measurement larger.

I think this baby will be on the larger side like DS but at least for now it's not showing to be huge!!

Fissawissa Tue 24-Jun-14 22:05:36

I'm 24 weeks but measured 27 weeks today.
Can I ask if you are in midwife care and go in to have the GTT are you taken out if mlu and pug under the care of a consultant?
I really want to try have this baby in a midwife led unit

dreamingofwineandcheese Wed 25-Jun-14 08:05:51

I am consultant led this time because of complications with DS (nothing wrong with the actual pregnancy or birth but he arrived in bad condition for no apparent reason) but I am still giving birth to this DC in the midwife led unit. It is part of the main hospital though so might be why they are happy for me to go there as it wouldn't mean being transferred anywhere?
I don't think having a GTT test automatically makes you consultant led it would depend on the results. If you had a positive result I would imagine you would be moved to consultant led care but that doesn't necessarily mean you can't give birth where you were wanting to. Obviously you can't really guarantee anything as you never know what's going to happen on the day!
I hope it all goes well for you thanks

AlwaysandForever09 Wed 25-Jun-14 08:12:56

Hey everyone I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead too. Gotta go back to see MW in 2 weeks to see if it's the same or further ahead still. I had the GTT in my last pregnancy, but they she said I didn't need it this time, but could possibly have to if he is still on the large side!! So worried about giving birth to a bigger baby again, or potentially even bigger baby! :/

ilovemonstersInc Wed 25-Jun-14 20:41:41

Been measured again today. Hes 6 weeks ahead today. Got gtt tomorrow and scan in 2weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now