Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

(4 Posts)
Applesauce29 Mon 23-Jun-14 18:38:48

Do I need to buy sheets and a mattress protector for the pram carrycot? Baby will only be napping in it if he happens to fall asleep when on a walk. First time mum so pretty clueless as to what to do otherwise - can you just put the baby directly into the carrycot? And what if they're sick/ have an accident?

JuniperTisane Mon 23-Jun-14 18:41:41

I just used a moses basket fitted sheet which I already had, then a big muslin wrapped around the head area which you can whip off and replace when baby drools/pukes (which it will). Didn't bother with a mattress protector.

RAFWife12 Mon 23-Jun-14 18:46:45

Not had our baby yet, but I have just bought moses basket sheets to put on the carry cot. Our carry cot came with a terry cloth style cover on it, so just got the sheets to use over that to make it bit more comfy.

Heatherbell1978 Mon 23-Jun-14 18:52:54

Not had baby yet but bought some pram sheets in M&P at the weekend (they've got a 3 for 2 offer on them at the mo) for the carry cot. From what I gather, waterproof isn't overly necessary (that's what nappies are for) but my mum made a valid point about puke as well that I hadn't thought about...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now