Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Maternity Bag deals and good buys

(8 Posts)
ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 23-Jun-14 14:54:06

Not sure if this will help anyone but popped into Primarl today and they seem to have had an influx of nighties woth button down fronts and lots of sleep shirts. Totally perfect for hospital (nice dark colours!) And cheap. Got a dark blue spotty sleep shirt to wear aftet the birth and just sized up a bit. £7.

They also had these great little Nivea packs with wipes, lipbalm, roll on deodorant, small shower creme and a moisturiser all in a zippy bag for a fiver.

Im only 22 weeks so blush am maybe jumping the gun but they seemed too good to leave in the shop and thought this mught help.others

rosiegal Mon 23-Jun-14 18:22:03

Thanks thats very helpful. I'm 28 weeks today and realise I should start thinking of those things very soon. Suddenly the 12 remaining weeks are getting shorter, plus a friend gave birth yesterday at 4 weeks early which has sent me in to a bit of a panic! grin

FoodieMum3 Mon 23-Jun-14 20:06:13

Thanks for that OP.

Snap rosiegal, I'm also 28 weeks today. I'm shopping and packing my bag when I'm 30 weeks.
So exciting!!

Redling Mon 23-Jun-14 20:41:00

That's great, I'm 32 weeks so need to finish my bag! Have everything but my clothes/nighties for after the birth. I'm going to Westfield at 35 weeks so might hang on until then and go wild in Primark! I got some amazing hareem pant style pyjama bottoms there very early in pregnancy and they are still comfy now, such an amazingly stretchy waistband!

ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 23-Jun-14 21:00:34

Ooh they sound like a good buy! I have a pair of much loved Cath Kidston pj bottoms that im still manage ng to keep up, though the button has popped off. Dont want to take them into hospital though as thatd totally ruin them.

Last time round I had some dark navy soft drawstring oj bottoms which I took in (and couldnt wear due to catheter) so will dig them out and pack them incase.

Last time I had a few vests and felt totally exposed when visitors came so im hoping this shirt (which im in for bed this evening because theres nothing nicer than brand new pjs!) Will be more modest.

redexpat Mon 23-Jun-14 21:09:13

ooh thst is an excellent tip! thanks!,

Buffy81 Mon 23-Jun-14 21:15:02

Might have to pop in there this week. Am 32 weeks and not even thought of sortoing out my hospital bag yet. Really need to get as move on with it, still need to wash all the baby clothes and bedding. Its a fgood job its my last day at work on Wednesday

ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 23-Jun-14 21:19:49

Not long til feet-up time for you grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now