Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

12 Week Scan today - terrifed!

(13 Posts)
liesal79 Mon 23-Jun-14 10:37:13

Hi All -
Today is my 12 week scan - at 3pm, and even though I had an early scan (I had a missed miscarriage a year ago) I am terrified.
The early scan showed I was 8 weeks and they saw a strong heartbeat and the midwife said it was a good scan. I am now terrified something has happened.

I think my nausea has gone - never had morning sickness, but my boobs aren't as sore, but that comes and goes. My belly is bloated ( and as I am overweight anyway that is a nightmare) and I seem to have developed sciatica in my Right bum cheek (sorry TMI) and some days have problems

I have had no bleeding, and only cramps (nothing that makes me take notice)

I don't know the reason for this post - possibly some reassurance, but its very very very scary!! smile

MrsWones Mon 23-Jun-14 10:46:30

I understand exactly how you feel. I had a miscarriage last year. I got pregnant again about christmas and despite an early scan at 6 weeks was terrified something would have happened by 12 weeks. When we were scanned we had a wriggly little bump and now just waiting for him to finish growing. I know its really hard and I do hope everything goes well. I am sure it will. Try and do something to relax before you go and good luck. xx

ClariceBeanthatsme Mon 23-Jun-14 10:46:32

I felt like this with my dd I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks a couple of months previously. I remember sat waiting for the scan feeling sick, my heart racing.
I actually burst into tears when the sonographer said the baby was there and healthy.
Its rubbish having a scan so late in the day just try and distract yourself until then smile

liesal79 Mon 23-Jun-14 10:48:00

I know! I'm at work - just trying to busy myself. I know that it will all be ok - but its like I don't want to admit it to myself!!!

iwantittobepink Mon 23-Jun-14 10:50:38

Hey smile
I never had a miscarriage, so I don't know what that feels like, but I remember by my 12 week scan day I had lost all symptoms, and was sure the sonographer was going to laugh at me and say there was never anything there, but as soon as she touched my tummy with the scanner it there was a clear as day baby shape!
Good luck to you smile thanks

Xcountry Mon 23-Jun-14 10:51:34

(((Hugs))) and good luck, I am sure it will all be fine. Try to relax and go have a brew or something.

ClariceBeanthatsme Mon 23-Jun-14 10:56:47

I know its easier to imagine worst case scenario so your not disappointed but I bet by half past 3 you will be phoning everyone you know with some very exciting news!!!
About 12 weeks I started to feel abit more human again boobs less sore and not as sick the second trimester is generally the nicer of the 3 imo

liesal79 Mon 23-Jun-14 11:03:54

Thank you all! Its so stupid - I will update you all once I have some news! My family already know, and are very supportive and excited and its me trying to calm them down. Fingers crossed! I am so nervous!! smile

Scoobsmam13 Mon 23-Jun-14 14:34:13

I know I will feel the same, mine is next Thursday when I will be 13+4. I have pretty much lost my symptoms and keep thinking Im going to be told its all been in my head and my tummy is due to eating too much.
Im sure it will be fine smile good luck!

karigan Mon 23-Jun-14 17:56:44

I had exactly the same with my symptoms. When I booked the scan at 8 weeks I asked for a late morning one as I didny think I'd have stopped throwing up for an 8am appointment. However by 12 week scan all the sickness, reacting strongly to smells and sore boobs had completely gone.

Everything went fine! And I'm now 27 weeks. Though I did think I was going to be laughed at and thrown out of the hospital for making the pregnancy up at one point!

liesal79 Mon 23-Jun-14 20:47:24

Just to let you all know, little bean is measuring 13+6 & all is good smile

atos35 Mon 23-Jun-14 21:16:46

That's great news op, lovely to hear, congratulations

MrsWones Mon 23-Jun-14 21:34:50

That is wonderful news OP. Congratulations. smile smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now