Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Very confused!!

(7 Posts)
MissLoveHearts Mon 23-Jun-14 10:10:17

I have been breastfeeding my son for 10 months... Want to have a other baby. Had my first period last month... waiting for my next period but I am now 5 days late. Took a pregnancy test and its negative.
I am only breastfeeding my son at night now.
Does it sound like im pregnant or is my body confused? help!

Sahkoora Mon 23-Jun-14 10:16:57

I didn't have periods for 18 and then 25 months while I was breastfeeding, and it took them a while to be regular both times too.

Periods don't mean you are ovulating, but equally you could be ovulating without periods, so it's a bit confusing when ttc!

Best advice I can give is try ovulation sticks to give you a clearer idea of what's going on and when, but it might be a few months before you get anything regular you can rely on!

CoolCat2014 Mon 23-Jun-14 10:53:38

I would guess that your periods haven't settled into a routine yet, as above said maybe try an ovulation kit to see if you are ovulating yet

MissLoveHearts Mon 23-Jun-14 11:24:50

Think Im going to stop breastfeeding!Thankyou x

MissLoveHearts Mon 23-Jun-14 19:36:05

took ovulation kit and saya i am not ovulating

Droflove Mon 23-Jun-14 22:24:08

It will take some time to get regular periods again I would guess. I got pregnant while still doing night feeds but its a bit hit and miss until you stop completely and get your periods stable again.

Jellymoo Mon 23-Jun-14 23:10:30

My periods went from average 28 to 35-38 when they finally returned when my son was 9 months old. Ttc since December while still breast feeding but it wasn't till last week I found out I'm expecting again. I'd suggest ovulation tests, they gave me reassurance that all was well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now