Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

13 weeks feeling very wet

(8 Posts)
AllYouNeedIsTea Mon 23-Jun-14 08:32:04

Not a particularly nice subject.but i don't think there's such a thing as tmi on here!

I'm 13 weeks pregnant and just recently I've been feeling really damp down below all the time. I don't know if it's discharge mixed with sweat and urine. Oh the glamour! I never feel.a.gush, just constantly have a feeling of wetness. I also feel unclean all the time.

Obviously my worry is that i'm leaking amniotic fluid. I may be slightly paranoid because i had an erpc a couple of months before this pg so i'm concerned that my cervix may be compromised.

Does anyone else have the constant damp feeling? My last pg was 5 years ago and i'm struggling to remember if i had the same thing then.

LBNM19 Mon 23-Jun-14 08:59:31

Hi I wouldn't say constant but defiantly feeling like that at times, think mines mostly discharge and espeically in weather like yesterday feeling very sweaty. I'm 22 weeks pregnant. X

Peaceloveandbiscuits Mon 23-Jun-14 08:59:54

I'm 13 weeks too and have this. I just shower twice a day, or change my underwear a lot if I can't and it helps me feel fresher. I've heard it's quite normal, but this is my first so I can't say for sure!

NewJobNewLife Mon 23-Jun-14 09:08:10

During my last pregnancy, I had this almost from the day of the test. It continued all the way to the birth, sorry.

This pregnancy (currently 16 weeks), nada. Drier if anything.

Can you talk to your midwife? She may take a swab to check what it is, or be able to put your mind at rest from a description?

TwigletFiend Mon 23-Jun-14 10:21:47

I would see your MW - I have recurrent BV and usually have few of the 'normal' symptoms except for very watery, constant discharge which leads to the feeling you're describing! It may be normal for you this pg or it could be that you have a BV-type pH imbalance, which can easily be corrected. I would see someone just in case they can do something to help as it's obviously making you uncomfortable smile

Cyclebump Mon 23-Jun-14 11:48:08

I discovered what panty liners were for in my first pregnancy. It lasted throughout sad

Scoobsmam13 Mon 23-Jun-14 14:27:40

I am the exact same and have been for a few weeks (now 12+1). My last pregnancy was 6 years ago and I too couldn't remember if it was something first time round, but I am fairly sure it was. I wear liners all the time now. Those moist toilet tissues are good to keep you feeling fresher, I always have a pack in my bag smile

BakingBunty Mon 23-Jun-14 16:30:38

Afraid this is normal for lots of pregnant women... including me. Had it in both pregnancies.

Agree that pantyliners are the way forward. DS (2.8) asked me why I was putting a sticker in my pants yesterday confused...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now