Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this positive!!

(43 Posts)
Mclaurel87 Sun 22-Jun-14 22:17:23

Hi all, my fiancé and I have been ttc for 6 months now and this week I have been sick a few times and my breasts are so tender! I'm not due on until 29th June but I had a predictor early test ( 2 pack) so I did one and there is a faint line in the test window but not central, I did the other but it was negative! Any opinions would be fab? Really not sure if I'm pregnant but hope I am smile

Barbsta Sun 22-Jun-14 22:19:47

Looks like a faint line to me so a positive test smile the line is really close to the outside tho so not sure if it's a shadow?

Bellyrub1980 Sun 22-Jun-14 22:24:22

My lines were never central. Am now 22 weeks ;)

Mclaurel87 Sun 22-Jun-14 22:34:06

I thought it was a shadow at first but it is pink and a lot more visible than it looks in the pic! Glad to hear you have had lines to the side and your now 22 weeks, trying not to get excited yet but hoping it's positive, best get to the docs this week smile

Barbsta Sun 22-Jun-14 22:43:18

My line was very faint too but my husband studied the instructions and apparently it doesn't matter how faint the line is of there is one then it's a positive. Congrats btw!!

Mclaurel87 Sun 22-Jun-14 22:48:03

That's what I thought just didn't want to get to excited over a faint line in case it was wrong! Congrats to you too smile

Mclaurel87 Mon 23-Jun-14 12:43:41

So I went to the doctor this morning, he did a urine test, checked it after 30 seconds said it was negative, I asked if I could get a blood test and he said they didn't do them anymore as the urine was just as accurate. Not sure how I got the positive test yesterday, guess I will have to see if af shows and if not retest in a week, feeling a bit gutted x

Barbsta Mon 23-Jun-14 15:16:03

So sorry to hear sad that test really looks like a faint line

Mclaurel87 Mon 23-Jun-14 15:27:52

I know, hoping it's just too early to pick it up on a docs test as I have heard they aren't as sensitive (hope that's true) just crossing my fingers that af doesn't show up x

Barbsta Mon 23-Jun-14 16:11:02

I don't want to give you false hope but you arent the first person I've heard that's been dubious of the docs tests

Mclaurel87 Mon 23-Jun-14 16:35:48

Yeah I have heard they are wrong quite often so just got to wait and see now, trying not to cling to false hope but at the same time hoping my hpt is right and not the docs test!

SilverShins Mon 23-Jun-14 16:40:20

Hello. Also don't want to give you false hope but my daughter showed up negative according to the doctor. Good luck with retesting, it's very early still.

Mclaurel87 Mon 23-Jun-14 16:43:43

Thanks for letting me know silvershins! I won't get too excited just yet but always good to hear that there may still be hope smile

BeckaH123 Mon 23-Jun-14 17:34:26

Hi OP - I did one test which came back with a line so faint that I actually thought it was negative. That was 2 days after I was due as well... I did another test a few days later and it was a strong positive. Maybe try again in a few days? Best wishes whatever happens. smile

September60b Mon 23-Jun-14 17:50:49

Hi OP. I got a really faint line when I first got pregnant. Actually threw the test away and then re read the instructions! The only way I would allow myself to believe was by shelling out for a digital test. Good luck!

Barbsta Mon 23-Jun-14 18:40:30

I didn't believe it until I did a digital that literally spelled out pregnant but I had a couple faint line results first

AMI88 Mon 23-Jun-14 19:29:37

Do a test a couple of days after period due.

Don't worry, enjoy TTC as much as possible, without putting yourselves under too much pressure, easier said than done- I know.

Good luck! Xx

Mclaurel87 Mon 23-Jun-14 20:58:26

Thanks everyone will retest once period is late (if I get to that stage) will keep you posted x

Loveallmyboys Mon 23-Jun-14 23:17:18

Every docs test I've had has been neg! They're cheapo ones. First response is the daddy( or should I say mommy!) of tests... Go get yourself one, they're super sensitive. Hood luck x

Loveallmyboys Mon 23-Jun-14 23:17:49

Good, even!

Mclaurel87 Tue 24-Jun-14 09:01:32

I will get one if af doesn't show up smile thanks x

frankiebuns Tue 24-Jun-14 09:12:32

I got excited over evaporation lines before

Mclaurel87 Tue 24-Jun-14 11:00:54

According to the instructions and from what I have read online, an evap line is only visible in direct light, the line on this test is visible without being in direct light and also evap lines shouldn't have colouring, this line is pink, so if it is a false positive then it's a faulty test I'm guessing, such a let down either way x

Barbsta Tue 24-Jun-14 17:17:22

If you don't mind me asking how l

Barbsta Tue 24-Jun-14 17:18:46

Oops :s hit the post too soon lol I meant to ask how long you have to wait for your missed period. I'm quite excited for you and have everything crossed for you... Well apart from my legs it's been a while since I could cross them lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now