Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So worried :-( (Sorry if TMI)

(25 Posts)
Meirasa Fri 20-Jun-14 14:03:39

I have miscarried 4 times- 3 times at 8 weeks scan and once at a 17 weeks, I was told at scans that their was no heartbeat and chose not to miscarry naturally as I feel it can be prolonged and more distressing.

I am pregnant again and obviously totally terrified I will miscarry again. Am 7.6 weeks :-) And have already seen our babies heart beat at 6.4 weeks at a reassurance scan in the hospital. All was going so well and the only odd thing was that my right ovary had realised an egg.

Yesterday morning when I wiped I noticed a small amount of bright red blood. After that one time it went pink and then cleared. Later last night it was a brownish colour with this sounds disgusting but kind of stringing tissue.... I am worried I am losing this baby naturally....

I had horrific morning sickness and it is easing off. I was sneezing constantly and haven't yesterday or today. My breast were painful and even though they're not perfect they're not killing me anymore. The only symptom I still have is dreadful itching on my tummy and back (and this is odd as it normal happens in the third tri). I felt so ill and threw up constantly. I feel a tiny bit 'off' but so much better than 36 hours ago that I'm terrified I've lost another baby :-(

I have another reassurance scan on Thursday. Do I wait until then or call the EPU now or is it just wasting there time and it either has or hasn't happened and their is nothing they can do about it.

I'm so worried!

RAFWife12 Fri 20-Jun-14 14:33:23

I would call EPU now, tell them about the bleeding and get a scan today. If you are miscarrying, chances are they can't do anything, but at least you will know.
Bleeding doesnt automatically mean miscarriage though, and symptoms do fluctuate. So scan may reassure you. I had bleeding early on, now 34 weeks!
Either way, i know if it were me, i'd be a mess waiting till thursday!
Fingers crossed for you!

Meirasa Fri 20-Jun-14 14:45:12

I think I will be a mess too but, I also think I don't want to know and am trying to prolong the inevitable (or what I feel is the inevitable). My husband tried to make me go to the EPU this morning but I used the excuse of not being able to take time off work without appearing flaky to not go. I know the baby is more important than work but I'm so terrified that I've lost it or losing it I don't want to hear it. :-( I don't know if that makes any sense...

squizita Fri 20-Jun-14 14:45:50

Exactly what RAFWife said. thanks

Have you been referred for testing and extra support during early pregnancy? After 3 losses you're entitled to on the NHS.

SundayLieIn Fri 20-Jun-14 14:46:57

Do I wait until then or call the EPU now or is it just wasting there time and it either has or hasn't happened and their is nothing they can do about it.

I'm so worried!

Of course you are worried. No-one in your position would not be. You have an awful obstetric history to contend with.

Go to the EPU now and ask them to scan you....realistically you might not get a scan at a weekend if you miss the Friday afternoon slots so don't wait.

You will not be wasting their time-it is important for you to know what is going on and part of the function of an EPU is to support women in your position.

If all else fails, just keep repeating "I just can't cope this weekend without knowing how things stand" ad infinitum.....eg 'there are no slots left today', "yes but I just can't cope this weekend without knowing how things stand", 'it would be better to wait till next week to see if there has been growth' ", "Possibly, but I just can't cope this weekend without knowing how things stand" etc.

(I've lost 5, one at 20 weeks the others first tri....some missed MC and a couple where I have bled and lost, so am with you in spirit, PM me if I can do anything x)

SundayLieIn Fri 20-Jun-14 14:49:10

x post with yours about not really wanting to know at the moment, sorry, I'm a slow typer. thanks for you, whatever you decide to do, its bloody awful being in this position.

Are you in London by any chance (I know of a good pregnancy loss counselling service who support women in subsequent PG's here)

Meirasa Fri 20-Jun-14 14:57:08

Thank you for your replies. Yes I am in London. I'm in bits with two halves of myself arguing with the other. One being hopeful and pointing out all the positives and the other being entirely negative and saying repeatedly it's happened before what do I expect. I keep hoping my symptoms will return full force...

eurochick Fri 20-Jun-14 15:01:36

I found St Thomas' EPU brilliant when I had bleeding in early pregnancy (after a previous mc). You can just turn up there without an appointment.

SundayLieIn Fri 20-Jun-14 15:06:08

Meirasa, probably not something for today but when you feel able, have a quick look at City Pregnancy

They offer free of charge counselling about pregnancy loss and have really helped me both deal with my losses and in a subsequent pregnancy where otherwise I think the constant anxiety of worrying about it ending may have sent me mad.

Meirasa Fri 20-Jun-14 15:12:24

Thanks. I went to St Thomas's for the 6.4 weeks san and they were lovely, but for some reason I feel bad going again 8 days latter when I have an appointment on Thursday :-( I don't want to seem annoying, irrational and a hypochondriac.

SundayLieIn Fri 20-Jun-14 15:15:22

I know a few of the epu staff there very well, there is no way they would think bad of you for being worried

Martie1 Fri 20-Jun-14 15:31:58

You poor thing, its worse when you are arguing with yourself about what to do. I completely understand your rationale of not wanting to go and get a scan- ie its better not knowing than definitely finding out you have miscarried. But you may not have miscarried and then you will get relief.

The symptoms waning means nothing, that happens and then they pick up with vengeance when you least expect it. I also sneeze a lot at the start, that stopped for a while and has returned again in last few weeks. Im only 15 weeks. And itchy skin does happen early on since your body is stretching, at least, it has happened to me.

When I went for my scan, i was totally apologetic because my dh had run off to grab some food for himself. I was very apologetic to the staff when they called me and the consultant quickly told me off for thinking I was annoying them and asked was he bringing her food too! It's her job to be there, its what she does and we should never apologise for 'annoying' them. So don't feel you are being a hypochondriac, you have good reason and history to worry and that is not irrational either.

Go, get a scan, and I really hope it goes well xx

Meirasa Fri 20-Jun-14 21:04:03

My husband rang them as he was concerned and they moved my appointment to Tuesday morning. I'm going to hope all is well and see then. Thank you all for your kind words and advice

Martie1 Sat 21-Jun-14 00:24:03

I'll be thinking about you. Hope you get a peaceful weekend xx

SundayLieIn Tue 24-Jun-14 08:02:35

Hi Meirasa, just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and I hope your scan today is a positive one thanks

biffchas Tue 24-Jun-14 09:14:20

hope all is well.

RedPony Tue 24-Jun-14 10:19:14

Good luck this morning. I hope everything goes ok thanks

Thinking of you Meirasa and hoping all is well with the baby x

camillebbmvalez12345 Tue 24-Jun-14 18:50:56

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Meirasa Tue 24-Jun-14 19:51:04

Thank you all for your thoughts today :-)

Good news, it is all ok. Baby was 8+ exactly where it should be AND we got to hear a heartbeat. It was amazing. They can't explain the bleeding, some women just bleed and I seem to be one of them, and an exam (awkward moment but necessary) confirmed that there really is no reason for it. They are going to do another scan on the 10th of July just to check up on us both. I can't complain about the NHS they have been fantastic!

I am so relieved and thankful all is well, my husbands face was a picture and I just really hope that all will stay this good!

xxxx

CorporateRockWhore Tue 24-Jun-14 21:25:12

Great news, thanks for updating us.

Now RELAX smile

Thank goodness. I'll second that, Get a cup of (decaf) tea and relax smile

SundayLieIn Wed 25-Jun-14 08:21:07

Wonderful news, I'm so pleased for you smile

gotagoldtoof Wed 25-Jun-14 09:10:46

Great news. Hope all continues to be well.

biffchas Fri 27-Jun-14 14:16:05

So pleased!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now