Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Why did the sonographer ask me a question like this?

(5 Posts)
hartmel Tue 17-Jun-14 16:52:35

I had my 20 week scan last week Monday. And since then I can't get the question out of my head the sonographer asked me..

As soon as he located the position of the baby he asked "do you have extreme pain or are you bleeding?" I said no and asked "why" and all he said "well your baby's feet are right against your bladder and is positioned very low" he even showed it to me.

Does that mean because the baby is kicking against my bladder and positioned low I should be bleeding or be in extreme pain.? Or what did he mean by that..

Baby is breech so far. Hoping it will turn..

Oh and I have a posterior placenta..

hartmel Tue 17-Jun-14 17:03:16

Oh and I should have mentioned that he looked very surprised that I didn't had any pain or was bleeding

Mummymidwife87 Tue 17-Jun-14 17:07:04

Sonographers often ask questions like that to rule out any problems.. Baby being low with pain and bleeding is significant, baby being low with no abnormal symptoms is of no significance.
Don't worry about breech presentation, they turn and roll around sometimes a few times a day.
Posterior placenta means it's at the back of your uterus

Mummymidwife87 Tue 17-Jun-14 17:08:22

If you're concerned, give your midwife team a call in the morning. They may ask you to relay the info or ask you to come in and have a look

amistoopid Tue 17-Jun-14 21:30:25

Very odd question with no real relevance at all! Put it out of your head all together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now