Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Does this sound like the start of labor

(8 Posts)
megann93 Tue 17-Jun-14 13:02:53

Im 33 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Last night me and my parnter had sex, i wasnt in any pain through out or straight after. but about an hour later i had so much pain in my lower back, it was so painful cant even describe what it was like but i couldnt move, the pain went through to the side of my stomach and straight down my side. i couldnt sleep properly, i kept waking up because it hurt that much, just cried. tried a bath and paracetamol and no good. babies moving and kicking about. But iv still got this pain in my back, it not as bad as what it was like night but it still hurts, hurts if i move or keep still so cant win. but its like someones stabbed me in the back left the knife there and wiggle it about. Giving my midwife a call as soon as my partner gets back to me just in case i need to get checked out, but just wandering if anyone else has had anything like this happen to them. Also was told baby is head down yesterday (i know he can move back around) but also lost a bit of my plug about a week ago. Iv also got sharp pains in my tail bone, getting a few 'braxton hicks' (i hope) but baby is really low and it hurts when he moves.

Scoobsmam13 Tue 17-Jun-14 16:29:38

Hey Megann - hope you're feeling ok now. So hard to tell, my labour last time (from what I remember) didn't start like that but everyone is so different. I do remember a lot of aches and pains in the weeks running up to birth and I remember stabbing back ache too. There was a lot of times I thought "is this it starting?" from about 35 weeks, but DD was born at 40+11
It wasn't the start for me, but deffo best to speak to your m/w x

BikeRunSki Tue 17-Jun-14 16:32:10

What did me say?

megann93 Tue 17-Jun-14 20:37:03

the midwife said she would call back and im still waiting :/ but still in a lot of pain and again paracetamol and a bath havnt helped. Dont know if it worth phoning the labour ward as i was told not to unless my waters broke or i have bleeding. But my waters didnt break with my first untill i was pushing. just in a very uncomfortable position atm :/ i have a scan tomorrow afternoon any way so most likely be able to speak to that midwife before getting a phone call back xx

Thesimplethings Tue 17-Jun-14 20:42:07

I would go in and be seen, you could be in labour, have a uti or simply be bad Braxton hicks. Either way it would be best to be checked out even if it's nothing to put your mind at rest x

megann93 Tue 17-Jun-14 21:00:52

got my urine tested yesterday and its all clear. Going to phone the labour ward now and hopefully get checked out. will defiantly make me feel better thanks xx

hartmel Tue 17-Jun-14 21:11:16

Get it checked out.. Better be safe then sorry...

Are you still in pain? It might be your ligament's that are so painful.. Had the pain too but it was earlier and got signed off work and put on bed rest for a week to get the body to relax

megann93 Tue 17-Jun-14 21:36:27

just got off the phone to the labour ward and she said because it not really in a pattern to take paracetamol and to make an appointment with my gp or see my midwife tomorrow. said that the paracetamol hasnt been doing anything to help, not even taking the edge off, so i can take a co codomol. but yeah still in a lot of pain tbh see if the co codomol helps if not wont bother phoning ill just go in. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now