Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning Sickness

(3 Posts)
pinkyparker Tue 17-Jun-14 10:45:46

Hi All,

This is my first time using Mumsnet.

I am 10 weeks pregnant and have been suffering with severe nausea and some sickness for 5 weeks! I have tried every home remedy and nothing works. I am now taking antibiotics for an infections which had made the nausea unbearable. I am now off work and feel so guilty as I do not like taking time off. The doctor has offered me anti-sickness medication however they will not guarantee that it is safe. Obviously I don't want to take it just so that I can go to work!

I feel so rubbish - hope this will stop soon so that I can enjoy my pregnancy!

Just needed to rant!!!

SarahF77 Tue 17-Jun-14 17:56:57

Cyclizine is safe to take - see uptodate.com for reliable evidence based analysis of which medications have the best safety profile.

Fraggle31 Tue 17-Jun-14 18:02:57

Have a read of the hyperemesis support thread in this forum. There are plenty of ladies (myself included) taking anti-sickness meds (sometimes multiples) to help control their nausea/sickness. There are some good links to safe pregnancy options. Plus we're all lovely and very supportive smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now