Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Recurring water infections.

(4 Posts)
abcdef12345 Tue 17-Jun-14 09:12:11

Hello, i'm 18 weeks pregnant and been getting constant water infections. Anyone else getting them too??? Thanks.

CoolCat2014 Tue 17-Jun-14 09:17:53

I had a couple early on, best thing is to drink lots of water, keep up hygiene down below, don't delay going to toilet, and possibly try cranberry juice, as it can help prevent UTIs

Dizzylizzie29 Tue 17-Jun-14 13:00:04

I am having problems with a Uti, unfortunately I work mobile from a vehicle and I am not always able to go when I need to. Anxious as my pregnancy progresses this is going to cause more issues (kidneys infections when carrying DD)
I am regularly drinking cranberry juice. When I am home I go to the toilet immediately and try to fully empty bladder. P

Boogles91 Tue 17-Jun-14 18:11:39

Suffered from the age of 3 with them amd im now 22(23 in a month) and still suffer! I have spent most of my life in hospital due to this and now have kidney problems. I wish i could trade my whole renal system in for a new one sad i get them and the antbiotics dont work then they turn into sepsis and severe kidney infections. From my experience, drink shit loadsa water, dont hold if you need to go as bugs just fester in tour bladder and travel else where -.- and plenty of rest and pain killers lol but hey, most women dont get them to the extent i do where i end up in hospital 9x outa 10! I know its a pain, but you just have to learn to live with it x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now