Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain when sitting.

(10 Posts)
MrsCK Mon 16-Jun-14 21:05:53

As the title really I am in pain after sitting/laying in my lower back creeping down into my right buttock. BUT I'm only 10 weeks...so. ..wtf? have I just sat funny or is it pregnancy related?

Barbsta Mon 16-Jun-14 21:20:37

That is a pain I got after sitting or lying down too but quite a bit further along then you. It could be the little baby and womb is pressing on something causing the pain already maybe? Definitely get it double checked with a doc for peace of mind though smile

Boogles91 Mon 16-Jun-14 22:49:40

Sciatica chuck,babys relaxin everything and as uterus is growing, its pressing on your nerves. I know it hurts ive suffered with sciatica for years! I know you think how cus your early but it set mine off from wk 7 till about 11 x

MrsCK Tue 17-Jun-14 17:25:30

Thanks. ..any idea what I can do to help ease it?

Kels13 Tue 17-Jun-14 17:33:56

I have this too, struggling to walk sometimes sad Going to yoga tonight which I'm hoping will help and docs on Friday. Will report back! Just got through sickness and now this, pregnancy is a joy! Baby's little kicks make up for it though!

crazykat Tue 17-Jun-14 17:34:03

Its either the baby pressing on the nerve or caused by hormones making everything relax.

When lying down try putting a pillow/blanket between your knees. Sitting in a different position can help as can a wheat bag/hot water bottle on your back though I'd use that as a last resort at this time of year.

crazykat Tue 17-Jun-14 17:34:42

A cushion/rolled up towel in the curve of your back can help too.

MrsCK Tue 17-Jun-14 18:00:40

kels how many weeks are you? I'd be interested to know what your doc says!

Kels13 Wed 18-Jun-14 05:30:43

I'm 23 weeks. My yoga teacher thinks it's sciatica, said must not cross legs and try to keep knees near each other. Still going to the docs fri as hurt to walk yesterday!

BetterWithCheese Wed 18-Jun-14 06:03:22

I had it so bad near the end of pregnancy that I couldn't sleep. I went to an osteopath and it helped immensely. I also started to develop SPD symptoms and he helped with that too. It's expensive but worth it if you can afford it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now