Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

braxton hicks - how many is too many?

(3 Posts)
joaninha103 Mon 16-Jun-14 16:43:33

I'm 29 weeks and have had braxton hicks from about 20 wks. Started off about 5 or 6 per week but has steadily increased to 6-8 per day! No pain or any other symptoms, just takes my breath away for a moment! They usually last about 1-1.5 minutes. MW didn't seem concerned last time I saw her, just said as long as they're not painful...
Wondering how others get on with them? Any experience of how they affect real contractions/labour?

Boogles91 Mon 16-Jun-14 17:40:47

I have experienced the strongest labour pains and contractiona due to a minor op a couple of wks ago....trust me you will know when your in labour! I dont worey about anything now cus ive had a taster lol im 35wks and i get constant bh every night with dull period aches, midwive and consultants arebt bothered but have told ke if i hve any other signs of labour to call andgo in. They are veey uncomfy as they happening at night when i want to relax sad x

lucyfluff Mon 16-Jun-14 18:18:16

I have had similar BH to you, started early 21-22 weeks and im now 30+2 and get at least 8 per day, more in the night.

I would say they are still painless excepy the odd one when Ive been walking too much or chasing my rascal toddler smile

They def started earlier this pg though !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now