Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain to the side of belly button, feels bruised???

(4 Posts)
woodhj Mon 16-Jun-14 16:31:17

Anybody else got or experienced the bruised feeling next to your belly button. I originally thought baba was pushing out a limb but its to often now and getting more painful especially hurts when im stood up.

Any advise? should I bother the midwife?

flymo79 Mon 16-Jun-14 17:09:37

how far along are you? I frequently wake up with a new area on my tum feeling bruised, at the moment it's just under ribs. Don't know if it's anything to worry about, I have just assumed it's where a pokey-out bit (i.e. bum) has been for a long time before shifting. I'm 33w

topmammy Mon 16-Jun-14 19:28:41

My baby seems to like to prod me in the exact same place a lot just to the left of my belly button. Sometimes it can feel a bit sore. It's probably just to do with the position baby is in, try not to worry smile

MrsGiraffe12 Mon 16-Jun-14 19:46:47

Hi.
I had a similar type pain from about 16 weeks pregnant, ended up in A and E at 22 weeks and was diagnosed with an umbilical hernia. Have you any lumps etc around the area? xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now