Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Worried about cat pee/poo

(5 Posts)
hubbahubster Mon 16-Jun-14 19:06:24

I have a dog and the idea of kissing her face is frankly gross. She sniffs other dogs' bums FFS! I definitely wouldn't be doing it in pregnancy. Yeuch.

Lucy955 Mon 16-Jun-14 16:54:49

There is another post talking about this but I couldn't find it right now.

Please don't panic. I asked there a vet friend who does research in this area what were the chances of toxoplasmosis causing a problem and her response was that as far as she could see you would basically have to eat a raw infected cat to catch it. Old cat poo is apparently the worst but the dangers are still remote. Cats protection have more info on their website if you want to have a read.

Hope this helps.

Lucy

DorotheaHomeAlone Mon 16-Jun-14 16:11:35

Agree with the cool cat. You have bigger worries than traces of cat pee if you're kissing your dogs face!

Seriously, don't worry about this. I really doubt anyone has ever caught toxoplasmosis by kissing cat pee off a dog's face!

CoolCat2014 Mon 16-Jun-14 15:08:52

Maybe don't kiss your dog for the time being? Can't be the most hygienic thing to do anyway, even if you're normally fine with it. Dogs have a habit of sticking their noses I'm stuff in my experience!

Also lion poo is meant to be a good cat deterrent as cats don't like cats that are bigger than them. I believe you can buy it online. Maybe get someone else to shovel it for you though.

TheFace Mon 16-Jun-14 14:56:55

Hi all, Over the past month I've noticed several different cats pooing and peeing in our garden. We have a dog and I can't find a deterrent that's safe to use on dogs.

Anyway, a few times during my pregnancy our dog has come in from the garden with cat pee on her face. I'm worried about times we may have missed, and her rubbing her face around and me kissing her face etc and it being ingested and causing harm to the baby.

Do you think I should express my concern to the doctor?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now