Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mucous Plug?

(5 Posts)
Fishcake77 Mon 16-Jun-14 13:05:11

Over the last couple of days after I have been for a wee I have wiped away a couple of clear/opaque blobs of jelly like snot (sorry!) Is this part of my mucous plug? Can anyone advise? I am 38 + 4 and apart from this have no other symptoms of impending labour. Just intrigued to know what others may think.
TIA

evertonmint Mon 16-Jun-14 13:11:19

I think it probably is. It might mean things are happening but equally it could still take a while.

butterfly86 Mon 16-Jun-14 13:17:12

It could be I lost a big blob streaked with blood last tuesday at 36+3 nothing has happened yet though.

Mummymidwife87 Mon 16-Jun-14 13:43:53

I am 38+4 today and having clear/yellow discharge almost every time I go to the toilet. Not sure it's a show to be honest.

Having occasional abdominal pains, but nothing encouraging.
Had the clary sage out last night, have been expressing colostrum since 36/40...

theborrower Mon 16-Jun-14 15:10:53

mummymidwife may I ask why you're expressing colostrum? Does it help bring on labour (like nipple twiddling)? I've noticed that I can express some (was out of curiosity really) and would be interested to know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now