Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling the baby move? Or not?

(12 Posts)
ImBrian Mon 16-Jun-14 19:44:32

I'm coming up to 17 weeks and I get little taps very low down.

moggle Mon 16-Jun-14 13:55:37

Yes I've just had these exact feelings over the weekend!! I'm 18 weeks today (with DC1). Only when lying on my back in bed really quietly have I felt it. Again, it felt a bit like wind or like you might need to get to the toilet ASAP but with no accompanying inner gurgle (!). It was also not quite in the right place for intestinal stuff - too close to the front of my belly. It felt exactly like you describe - something rolling around or turning over inside me. On saturday night I wasn't convinced but last night felt it again a few times and I'm pretty sure that's what I am feeling. It is completely amazing :0D

Misspilly88 Mon 16-Jun-14 13:30:24

No I didn't have fluttering or butterfly type movements either. Thought mine was wind but then became more like muscle twitches (like when you get a twitchy eye) in my tummy @ 16 weeks too.

Alita7 Mon 16-Jun-14 13:07:29

Aw shortie :p I think sometimes knowing is retrospective because the feelings develop and then you know that what you thought might be movement was or wasn't smile

Redling Mon 16-Jun-14 12:58:24

My first feelings were a kind of shifting feeling, like your about to have some tummy trouble grin and then graduated after a couple of weeks into more definite thumps.

Shortiee2707 Mon 16-Jun-14 11:34:34

Yeah, well I usually just feel that rolling over feeling. Lol I usually describe it as a "fart bubble" around where my uterus is lol. I did get a pokey feeling once but haven't really had one since. I'm just waiting to feel things now like little kicks, only a few more weeks smile

Cerealaddict Mon 16-Jun-14 11:13:47

I felt butterfly type feelings at 13 weeks, and then bubbles i suppose is the best explanation from about 15-16 weeks, gas doesn't strike in the same place 30 times i told myself, gas works it's way round the gut in the hope it was baby and i would say definately was him, was about 19 weeks when i started to feel kicks and 21 for dh to catch one and feel it.

Shortiee2707 Mon 16-Jun-14 10:43:05

Awhhh that's really put a smile on my face grin
Thankyou!

Alita7 Mon 16-Jun-14 10:27:25

I wouldn't call mine fluttering either. I'm 19 +4 and I've had some movement for the past few weeks.
I've had what feels like wriggling, more rolling over feelings, little tickles that feel like fingers brushing and mini kicks that feel like pokes.

butterfly86 Mon 16-Jun-14 10:22:55

Yeah sounds like it I felt movement sporadically from just over 16 weeks, for me it felt like a light tapping from deep inside my tummy smile

squizita Mon 16-Jun-14 10:16:46

Yeah it could be. Sounds about the right time. Mine didn't flutter, and I wondered... but turned out yep that's what it was. smile

Shortiee2707 Mon 16-Jun-14 10:05:35

Hi everyone
I'm 16 weeks today grin and I'm kinda waiting around to feel movements because the other day I was casually lying on my side and thought i could feel really tiny little movements? At first I thought it could've been wind (lol) but it just felt a bit different! Everybody keeps saying "was it fluttering?" But it's not as such fluttering, it more like I can feel something moving?
I get a fair few cramps and aches down there so I'm used to paying a lot of attention to what things feels like but It really feels like something is moving down there! A bit like its rolling over but really slowly every so often but I'm really confused because everyone's saying it should be flutters? What is this? Haha an is it even possible to feel my baby move at this stage? hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now