Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Any tips for heat rash?

(3 Posts)
EssexGirlLottie Sun 15-Jun-14 21:47:32

Hi. I'm currently 31+4 weeks pg and have just started getting an unbearable heat rash all over my body. I have had this in the past, when I've been on holiday to warmer places and I can usually control it with an anti histamine. However my GP says I can't take them now. He suggested I moisture! I'm now losing sleep cus of the itching.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

ThermoLobster Sun 15-Jun-14 21:51:32

First of all you can take an antihistamine. Talk to a pharmacist.
Second of all you should get a blood test. Sometimes a serious condition in pregnancy can present as itching.
Third of all, hope all ok and you get sorted. I started itching in my second pregnancy. DD2 is over 2 now and I am still itching...

DuckeyP Mon 16-Jun-14 09:16:51

Hi! I get heat rash after going in a stupidly hot sauna in Egypt. I was stupid, i don't even like the bloody things!

I find that Savlon works quite well as it takes the soreness out and relieves a bit of the itch. The best thing though, is good old fashioned Calamine Lotion. Makes you look like you have a disease as it dries white, but if you slather it on before bed and then wash off in the shower in the morning, no one is any the wiser ;) Takes the heat out and cools the itch brilliantly.

I hope it helps, I got a bout of it when i went camping recently (i was 30 wks then) and it's the only thing you need on top of being pregnant!

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now