Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

1st child and scared!

(5 Posts)
Loujim2 Sat 14-Jun-14 22:32:50

Is it normal to be absolutely petrified for having my first child? I'm 30wks at the minute and starting to get so nervous for my ds to arrive!

BeeBlanket Sat 14-Jun-14 22:37:53

Yes! Normal. Except I was horrendously anxious all the way through my pregnancies, so you're doing OK smile

Good luck and as you are going to be a mum soon, enjoy sleeping when you feel like it, go the the cinema or for nights out (you probably won't want to for a while).

Prettyinbeige Sat 14-Jun-14 22:37:54

Yes very normal. I was scared about everything from giving birth to if I would actually be able to look after a baby.
However everything was fine and 6 years later everything is still fine. So try to relax and enjoy this time until your baby arrives

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 14-Jun-14 22:42:14

Yes totally normal I could go from excited to nervous to terrified in a nanosecond when expecting dd. I can honestly say the childbirth part (for me) was not as bad as I was expecting and the amazing feeling meeting your little one is unbelievable smile good luck OP

Loujim2 Sat 14-Jun-14 22:46:07

Aw thanks folks! I just feel so clueless at the minute and wonder how I'm going to look after a wee one! As you say I can be mega excited one minute and then think shiiiiit! I'm sure when he arrives I'll be fine! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now