Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning sickness worse over weekends? Anyone else?

(13 Posts)
barmybunting Sat 14-Jun-14 22:24:42

I am currently 18 weeks pregnant with DC1. I was chatting to DH tonight and saying I always seemed to feel much worse with morning sickness, particularly how much I end up vomiting, over the weekend than I do during the week. I am now on medication for it which has taken the edge off a bit and made life more doable, but it does seem very odd it is worse over the weekend! Does anyone else have this?

I don't know if it is because I am off work over the weekends and basically collapse in a heap by Friday night, relieved to have survived another week! I am a primary school teacher and generally leave the house at 7am for work, home around 6.30pm (hour plus commute). The nausea/vomiting generally hits around lunch time and lasts until I go to bed but is much less when I am at work. It just seems a bit odd!

CoolCat2014 Sat 14-Jun-14 22:58:11

Do you get up later on the weekends? If so it might be that getting some food in your body a but earlier might help

icklekid Sun 15-Jun-14 04:27:16

I often feel worse at weekends (also primary teacher) I normally presume its my body trying to recover/I do too much at weekend because never time in week to do it. Last few weeks at work for me now and I have slowed down a lot, leaving bit earlier, teaching sitting as need to in order to cope! Try and be gentle with yourself if possible. Hope others at work are supportive x

mollypollly Sun 15-Jun-14 05:04:27

My morning sickness was always so much worse at the weekends, it really got me down esp as we had just moved into a lovely new house but I couldn't enjoy it as started to associate being in it with puking my guts up and feeling terrible!

I got a lot better around 18-20 weeks, really how you do too! x

barmybunting Sun 15-Jun-14 08:58:15

That would make sense CoolCat, but I am awake at 6 at the weekends as well, generally straight up to get a fairly substantial breakfast as I feel so much better in the mornings so I know it is safe to eat then smile. I do tend to nap in the afternoons at the weekend, and slow down a bit but not much else is different. I only wish I could control it better over the weekend!

Ickle, sorry to hear you have the same thing. Take it easy! It's good to hear you finish up soon. Hopefully that'll make things easier. I am on a countdown to the summer holidays!

Molly, thanks, I am hopeful that it might disappear soon too! I never expected it to lurk on until 18 weeks, so I shall be very pleased when it goes!

Polkadotscarf Sun 15-Jun-14 10:00:50

Defiantly! I teach year 1 and put it down to tiredness. Sickness was three to four times a day until 20 weeks so glad it's now only at weekends but it is still pretty pants!

mssleepyhead Sun 15-Jun-14 10:04:22

I'm also a teacher and although I always felt sick on an evening I felt horrendous all day on a weekend. I put it down to the children taking my mind off it during the week, so I felt just as ill but didn't have the time to notice it! On a weekend I wallowed more : )

soundsystem Sun 15-Jun-14 11:52:22

Yes! I get this too. Even when not pregnrant, if I ever get ill it usually does tend to be at the weekends sad For me, I think it's partly not wanting to let anyone down in the week so I battle on, then at the weekend it all just catches up with me.

NutellaStraightFromTheJar Sun 15-Jun-14 12:15:32

Yes! Also a teacher...interesting. I think it's a mixture of getting up slightly later, but also having more time. So in the week I might feel horrendous but have to power on through and possibly keeping busy takes my mind off it. At the weekend I have less to distract me so as soon as the thought, 'I think I'm going to vomit...' enters my mind, it's pretty much guaranteed that I will. I've been lucky enough this time to mainly have just severe nausea instead of actual sickness (a relief after hyperemesis last time) but all the times when I have actually vomited have been at weekends or half term. Nearly 14 weeks now and hoping it eases off soon...

barmybunting Sun 15-Jun-14 16:43:26

How strange! Maybe it is the teaching that does it smile, very coincidental!

I hope you all start to feel better soon!

redexpat Sun 15-Jun-14 20:46:16

I figure it's because I ewat less frequently at weekends. Am not a teacher wink

Scottishpixie79 Sun 21-Sep-14 09:23:23

Oh my goodness- I feel much worse on weekends so decided to google search to see if there is a reason... I'm a primary teacher too... Crazy!
I feel much better Monday- Wednesday then by Thursday night I feel drained. Sundays are the worst for me!

Ruth10 Mon 29-Sep-14 21:34:02

Yep me too! Also a teacher!
I think it's cos we are distracted by the children/busyness in the day all week and collapse at the weekend.
I also think it's because I am constantly snacking at school but tend to eat less regularly/later at the weekends.
Hope you feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now