Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Heat, broken leg and 35 weeks pregnant = unbelievably tired

(6 Posts)
Owchyleg Sat 14-Jun-14 18:04:27

I've been on bed rest for the last month, non weight bearing with a broken leg. I am also currently 35 weeks pregnant and, not sure if it's due to the heat or the recovery or the pregnancy but today I feel unbelievably lethargic. So so tired, I have slept about 4 hours today and I still can't lift my head off the pillow. Is this normal?

Lozmatoz Sat 14-Jun-14 18:14:48

I was like that a couple if weeks ago. Think I was low on iron so started 2 sachets of spatone a day. I feel vastly different! Maybe get your iron levels checked?

NoMontagues Sat 14-Jun-14 18:15:19

I'm 32 weeks tomorrow and last Saturday I experienced the weirdest energy dip, it came on after breakfast and I had to go and lie down. I literally felt as if I were made of lead- I told DH that I felt "dead in my body" which alarmed him so much I had to backtrack and say I was fine! Lasted about 3 or 4 hours. I'm pretty low energy at the best of times these days but this was something else altogether.

Owchyleg Sat 14-Jun-14 19:52:34

It is horrible isn't it? I am already on iron tablets. I am guessing it's got worse as my body is having to focus on healing 2 broken bones as well as nourishing dc2. Oh well. I keep telling myself this is temporary and I will heal and give birth and have energy again soon.

BakingBunty Sat 14-Jun-14 20:50:00

I feel your pain, I'm 31 weeks pregnant with DC2 and non weight bearing with a broken ankle. Are you able to use crutches? Exhausting but at least may mean you could get out a little, if someone can chauffeur you about?! And have you tried borrowing a wheelchair from your GP or hospital? Hope it's not too sore!

Owchyleg Sat 14-Jun-14 21:55:10

Hi bakingbunty
Sorry to hear about your situation. It totally sucks. Doesn't it? Yes, I broke my ankle at 31 weeks. I fell down one step and broke two bones, the ligaments and dislocated it. I had to have surgery under a spinal anaesthetic and will be non weight bearing probably until after the birth. We have a dd1 who is 2 years old and it's horrible not being able to look after her (or myself). I am completely reliant upon my amazing (although exhausted) DH and my sister and mil, both of whom live several hours away. I haven't been out much, I have found crutches too difficulty with the extra baby weight and preexisting spd. I am thinking about getting a wheelchair but logistically not sure how well that will work as DH will have me and dd to look after when out.

How are you coping? I hope you have good support. I don't know what I would do without it.

If you ever want to chat about what you are going through, get in touch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now