Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pain so low down it's almost in my leg

(2 Posts)
Laceym1987 Sat 14-Jun-14 13:16:30

Hi ladies

This is my 2nd time of posting something after coming to rely a little on the amazing advice on here.
I am having a lot of pain on my left side which I thought was wind but now I'm not so sure after it not budging (after taking Wind-Eze and peppermint tea) and it feels like it's going so low it's almost in the top of my leg. The pain is going down my leg and also through to my back. What could this be? I'm 5 weeks pregnant and had had problems last week which meant I had to go to the hospital but comparison blood tests yesterday confirmed that the hcg level had doubled in 48 hours. Could still be loosing it though maybe...
Anyway has anyone else had similar? Is there anything else you can take other than paracetamol? I'm desperate to take ibuprofen to get rid of the pain..

Thanks x

Justinepants Sun 15-Jun-14 01:18:18

It sounds as if it might be sciatica, www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/sciatica.aspx.
I had a bit with DS but I'm afraid I can't remember what I took or idd for pain relief.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now