Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Developing baby's calories ?

(5 Posts)
GlamRhinestones1 Sat 14-Jun-14 09:46:49

I'm curious to know how many calories a growing baby burns in the womb ? (Not the mother ) looked online and couldn't find anything only that you should eat between 300/500 extra calories

Not too sure why this crept up in my thoughts but hey ho
Anyone have any thoughts or theory's ??

RAFWife12 Sat 14-Jun-14 10:20:02

I don't know how many calories the baby uses, but NHS guidance is that the mother only needs an extra 200 calories - and only in the third trimester.
www.nhs.uk/news/2010/July07/Pages/new-nice-guidelines-weight-pregnancy.aspx

RAFWife12 Sat 14-Jun-14 10:22:03

ultimately though - a healthy balanced diet without calorie counting is the way to go!

squizita Sat 14-Jun-14 10:51:48

RAF my IRL Drs and midwives all said 300-500 from the 2nd trimester. Interesting. I am combined care so this info came from different people in different buildings!

RAFWife12 Sat 14-Jun-14 11:34:00

Hmm. It will be different for everyone. My midwife asked me my pre pregnancy weight at booking and nothing more has been said about weight/weight gain/diet. Only measuring fundal height.
All my info has come from nhs website!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now