Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Vitamins

(9 Posts)
NinjaPanda34 Fri 13-Jun-14 21:27:43

Does anyone else get a dodgy stomach after taking pregnacare vitamins? I'm very new to this, and don't know if the Omega oil capsules are agreeing with me (particularly since I don't have a gallbladder anymore) x

popcorngazebo Fri 13-Jun-14 21:44:16

I couldn't get on with the Boots own version of them - the one with added ginger or something? Made me feel really sick and after throwing up about 4 days in a row I gave up on them and switched back to the NHS ones.
Ask your MW for any recommendations but I'm pretty sure they are all of a muchness.

mssleepyhead Fri 13-Jun-14 22:01:11

I've heard about pregnacare making people feel bad before. I took the santogen ones for the first 12 weeks and had no side effects. Since then I've been taking the NHS ones I can get for free (folic acid and vitamin d) and they're great.

Redling Fri 13-Jun-14 22:27:08

I'm sure Pregnacare make me vomit. Hadn't taken them for ages as I was feeling unwell with them, then had one on Monday and vomited half an hour later. I'm 31 weeks so it's not morning sickness! My iron levels are find and I am getting all my needs from diet so I don't take any vitamins. I eat fortified cereals as well.

CoolCat2014 Fri 13-Jun-14 22:34:06

I find the santogen ones much easier on my stomach, don't seem to have any side effects, maybe try a different brand?

squizita Sat 14-Jun-14 11:00:45

Yep. I hate pregnancare.

I use sanatogen or seven seas, with food - far less queazy and from what I can see virtually the same content.

topmammy Sat 14-Jun-14 12:00:04

Yes, pregnacare vits made me feel bloated, dodgy stomach and gave me diarrhoea. (Sorry for tmi!) and I did take them with or after food. I take Seven Seas vitamins now with no problems.

2014MrsH Sat 14-Jun-14 19:31:36

Maybe try taking the pregnacare vitamins after a main meal when you have a full stomach. I've been taking them since 13 weeks and feel great. Mind you the tablets are huge!

Noappointmentnecessary Sun 15-Jun-14 01:27:47

Yes, I came of pregnacare due to really bad cramping etc. I just take folic acid now x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now