Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

SHORTER AFTER PREGNANCY!?

(6 Posts)
janesxx Fri 13-Jun-14 20:45:03

so DS is 1 now, ive always been short at 5ft since being 13 but I was measured at the doctors today and im now 4ft 11!? im 20 so not exactly normal to be shrinking now, then I remembered how since being pregnant my spine and back is alot more bent in at the bottom from the pressure of carrying the baby ect, its still like that a year on and was wondering because my backs bent in now could that be what's made me shorter? and has anyone else had experience with this? (back bent/posture/shorter after pregnancy)? thanks

Alita7 Fri 13-Jun-14 21:17:45

oh god I hope not, like you I'm short at 5 ft 1 1/2. I don't want to shrink!

janesxx Fri 13-Jun-14 21:27:58

I know its annoying.. bet the tall ones dont shrink!

Boogles91 Fri 13-Jun-14 23:50:02

I wonder if ive shrunk some more then hehe mum has a measurement guide on breakfast room wall, when i was 21, i was half an inch smaller than when i was 17! -.- and it showed as i used to be 163cm now 161.

RebekahMacd Sat 14-Jun-14 00:38:32

Could also be collapsed arches in your feet. The weight of pregnancy takes its toll on the feet, and that's why a lot of women think their feet are longer after pregnancy.

You could probably get any spine curvature sorted by a physio or osteopath?

janesxx Sun 15-Jun-14 01:02:25

oh its good to know that I could maybe have it corrected and turn back into the 5ft giant I once was wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now