Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Help me? Am I pregnant

(22 Posts)
Minney25 Fri 13-Jun-14 14:19:39

I have unprotected sex with my boyfriend a week and 1 day ago now but 2 days after having sex I felt really different in myself, I've been having loads of signs that I'm pregnant such as

•mood swings
•discharge (but not loads)
•heart burn
•really bad cramping
•spotting
•headaches
•backache
•nausea
•tingling and swollen boobs
•sore belly button
•urinating a lot more than usual
•pain in my rib
•horrible taste in my mouth
•funny feeling in my belly like butterfly's

I took a test yesterday which was 1 week from when I had sex, it came back negative, I am almost sure I am pregnant! Did I do the yet to early? And when shall I do another one! I'm not due for my period until the 21st of this month so I haven't had the sign of missing that... I just need some advise please!!

TwigletFiend Fri 13-Jun-14 14:24:35

I would be very surprised if 48 hours was enough to feel any changes in your body! Implantation probably hasn't even happened at that stage, or has only just happened.

BobTheFly Fri 13-Jun-14 14:26:51

Take a test on 22nd when you're period is late.

That is all.

BlondieBrownie Fri 13-Jun-14 14:26:59

The only way to tell is to wait until 8 days before your period (this is the earliest time, I can't remember the name of the test) is due and POAS.

Pobblewhohasnotoes Fri 13-Jun-14 14:31:02

I doubt after two days you can tell that your body is different, implantation isn't instant!

Poas when you're due on or use a first response a couple of days before.

Minney25 Fri 13-Jun-14 14:33:59

Thank you all, very helpful!!

Rhumba Fri 13-Jun-14 14:38:27

A lot of what you describe could just be anxiety. Agree with others that you need to look for when the test becomes applicable day period due or whatever and test then. Good luck for the result you want.

Minney25 Fri 13-Jun-14 14:40:11

Thank you rhumba!!

longestlurkerever Fri 13-Jun-14 14:55:51

You might be. With my first pregnancy I was getting negative tests right up until I was a week late though I was sure I was pregnant too.

Having said that, other months I have been convinced I must be and it has come to nothing. It is a very stressful wait before you can be sure. I hope you get the result you want.

longestlurkerever Fri 13-Jun-14 14:57:04

You might be. With my first pregnancy I was getting negative tests right up until I was a week late though I was sure I was pregnant too.

Having said that, other months I have been convinced I must be and it has come to nothing. It is a very stressful wait before you can be sure. I hope you get the result you want.

Minney25 Fri 13-Jun-14 15:04:39

Thank you so much, I hate the waiting!! I've had a pregnancy scare before when I thought I was but nothing compared to the signs I've had this time.. I've constantly got cramping in my belly & heart burn!

Monstamio Fri 13-Jun-14 15:22:13

I think it's unlikely that the symptoms you're experiencing are pregnancy. The hormone levels just won't be high enough, even by now, and certainly not after 2 days! Looking at the timings though, you seem to have dtd right in the middle of your fertile period, so it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.

I got my first BFP at 11dpo with this pregnancy, so you can probably start testing towards the end of next week.

I do wonder why you didn't take the morning after pill though, if these symptoms started just two days after sex. It would still have been effective at that point - www.nhs.uk/Conditions/contraception-guide/pages/emergency-contraception.aspx

Minney25 Fri 13-Jun-14 15:28:54

Okay thank you, well to be fair I didn't know that it was pregnancy signs until I looked it up on the internet!

Monstamio Fri 13-Jun-14 16:03:06

Fair enough! Worth knowing for next time though. Hope it all works out for you smile

Minney25 Fri 13-Jun-14 16:05:25

Thank you

Observer78 Fri 13-Jun-14 16:06:17

It takes the egg a good cou

Observer78 Fri 13-Jun-14 16:08:12

... couple days to get down the Fallopian tube before it can even consider implantation. 2 days after DTD? Feeling pregnant is most likely a trick of your mind. Even if you were to get pregnant because the actual symptoms don't start immediately. However much you'd like them to.

Minney25 Fri 13-Jun-14 16:18:20

Thank you

Boogles91 Fri 13-Jun-14 17:42:01

Take a test few days after your due ur period. It is posdible to just "know" in urself as my mum did with me smile but she still had to wait to do the test and didnt have any symptoms just she said she felt different and knew. Bu t i wouldnt have thought you would be feeling things yet. I knew through my boobs killing me. Me nd other half have sex regular anyway so i cant be sure when it was it happened, but i had my period, boobs went back to normal afterwards as they usually swell a week before am due, then a week after i woke up one morning and they wer killing me! And just got wprse as weeks went on lol i waited a week after my next period was due n did a test and got a very strong positive lol

Minney25 Sat 14-Jun-14 10:49:31

Thank you

frankiebuns Sun 15-Jun-14 09:24:25

My mum knew she was pregnant with me 3 days after dtd and 29 years after I'm the result so its possible

JennyBlueWren Sun 15-Jun-14 09:33:14

I've had "definite early pregnancy symptoms" 4 times since trying for a baby and always AF turned up! Now I've got no symptoms but BFP!

Don't spend your time checking symptoms -just wait it out.
If you are trying for baby then count the weeks of your cycle to predict your next AF and circle a date a few days after and have this as the time when you are allowed to consider testing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now