Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Not heard from midwife

(8 Posts)
AdeleLB Fri 13-Jun-14 10:12:53

Hi there
I'm 8w2d with my first baby - I went to the doctor 3 weeks ago to register my pregnancy and they said I'd hear from
The midwife in the next couple of weeks.The doctor I saw was a locum and not very helpful/warm or nice, to be honest. It was like I was seriously inconveniencing her by taking up one of her appointments. I felt quite deflated afterwards.

Anyway, I haven't heard anything since - should I chase them or am I just being to impatient?

Thanks in advance!

TwigletFiend Fri 13-Jun-14 11:24:56

I would chase - certainly in my area, the onus is on you to arrange appointments etc. Even if that's not the case, I'd double check that you are in the system and things are rolling anyway smile

BeckaH123 Fri 13-Jun-14 11:30:59

I have to make all my MW appointments myself at my local GP surgery. Maybe give your GP surgery a ring and ask at Reception. If they can't help you could ask the duty doctor to call you back to tell you what the process is.

onestepbeyond Fri 13-Jun-14 11:32:58

I had to make all appointments with mw myself. Probably best to check with surgery.

AdeleLB Fri 13-Jun-14 11:54:25

Thanks guys I'll give them a call, she really didn't make it clear at all and made it sound like they would contact me but I guess it doesn't hurt to call!

Peaceloveandbiscuits Fri 13-Jun-14 11:55:37

The doctor AND the receptionist told me I'd hear back too, but turns out I was supposed to make my own appointment with the midwife! Thus I didn't book in until I was 11 weeks! Give them a ring!

AdeleLB Fri 13-Jun-14 12:18:49

I just called them and it turns out the doctor I saw didn't allocate me a hospital, take down my mobile number or send the referral off properly. A very helpful receptionist called the maternity unit at my closest hospital and they asked her to fax my details over marked urgent as I should be in the system by now but aren't! So glad I asked for advice, thanks all!

Peaceloveandbiscuits Fri 13-Jun-14 13:59:46

Glad it's all sorted! Congratulations smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now