Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Can we talk shoes?

(9 Posts)
mssleepyhead Fri 13-Jun-14 10:06:30

30 weeks and in this heat my feet are ballooning! I need some ideas for good shoes I can wear and wondered if anyone had any good suggestions? I'm on my feet a lot (teaching) and hate having my toes on show so would rather avoid sandals. Currently wearing my favourite clarks pumps but they're getting tight. Any ideas?

RAFWife12 Fri 13-Jun-14 11:28:03

I bought some skechers go walk, love them! They are so comfy and slip on so easy for not being able to bend :-) they're nice and roomy, but a bit stretchy too.

gatti Fri 13-Jun-14 11:30:16

I am in my crocs at work today (34 weeks and swollen ankles).
they are cushioned, lightweight and airy...

ClaretAndBlue30 Fri 13-Jun-14 11:34:09

I have some really comfy pumps from Primark - they sell so many for so cheap that I go and stock up every now and again....I'm hoping they see me through this summer grin

squizita Fri 13-Jun-14 11:49:58

I bought comfy pumps from Primark. Same as you- want to keep feet covered but cool. They have some lacy 'sock-ettes' which work well instead of socks/tights, quite cool.

Also a foot spray with mint helps.

LittleCatA Fri 13-Jun-14 12:23:31

The only shoes that are any good for me now are my crocs (round the house only) or my Gabour ballet type pumps are still comfortable at nearly 37 weeks, they are all padded underfoot and the leather is soft so they have given nicely.

soundsystem Fri 13-Jun-14 13:00:36

Toms? Not sure if they would be too casual, but very comfy. I wear the blck ones to work a lot and they look smart enough.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Fri 13-Jun-14 13:02:21

What about those birkenstocks with the front in them?

mssleepyhead Fri 13-Jun-14 17:23:29

Some good ideas - thanks everyone. Going shopping tomorrow and will try and see what I can find. Might just need to go up a size!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now