Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nervous about upcoming scan and date uncertainty (9-12 weeks range)

(2 Posts)
Bonniebaby777 Fri 13-Jun-14 09:05:11

Hi

I've recently found out that I'm pregnant, which I'm very happy about smile Though a bit nervous about being a first time mum at the age of 35. It is a surprise, we figured because of our ages (he's 43) that we'd take ages to conceive, so for it to happen straight away was amazing! I took two tests because I just didn't believe the first one.

Anyway, the midwife at my booking appointment dated me as 10 weeks based on my LMP, however, I am sure I am less pregnant than that - I have very long cycles, sometimes as long as 60 days, and the date of unprotected "baby dance" was around 5 May, which according to calculators would make me about 7 weeks, so 3 weeks less than MW thinks.

I have a scan booked in 2 weeks, where they'll think based on the MW's dates that I'll be 12 weeks, but I'm convinced they'll find out that I'm much less preggo, and possibly not even find anything yet!

I'm quite nervous as I know people my age who have had miscarriages and/or been ttc for months or even years. Also, we're going abroad to visit relatives the next day, I'd love to tell them we have a confirmed pregnancy with heartbeat, possibly even a picture! However, I'm worried I'll go there, they won't find anything because it's too early, and I'll spend my whole holiday worrying about it sad

Any advice would be much appreciated smile

Alita7 Fri 13-Jun-14 09:32:30

if you're over 5 weeks they'll see something and over 6-7 weeks a heart beat smile

If you're 9 weeks then they will call you back at 12 weeks for nuchal measurements so don't worry there's no harm in having a scan now!

Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now