Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

SPD agony! Osteopath in guildford area?

(9 Posts)
BabyHaribo Thu 12-Jun-14 19:27:30

I'm in SPD agony really didn't expect achy feeling and the odd twinge to progress so quickly can barely move today!

Saw MW today and seeing GP tomorrow and I've been referred for physio.

I've also heard really good things about osteopathy can anyone recommend a good one for SPD in the guildford/Woking area?

jaykay987 Thu 12-Jun-14 19:57:41

sorry you're suffering. I've been the same.

My physio referral has been, tbh, next to useless. They explained some exercises (which I had already been following) and issued me with some crutches.

My chiropractor is what has helped. I've gone every 10days throughout, and am now almost 38weeks. I'm Farnham - so a bit far for you...but I'd definitely recommend trying to find a Guildford based Chiro with maternity experience.

Good luck!

sleepysleepy Thu 12-Jun-14 20:04:13

It may not help everyone, but my private pelvic partnership (!) physio suggested doing squats when I brushed my teeth. I did thirty morning and night - and my spd was SO much better in my third pregnancy doing this than it was in the first two, following the nhs rest and obstetric belt advice.

Build up your glutes and it helps stabilise the pelvis a bit.

RandomMess Thu 12-Jun-14 20:08:13

Gareth Butler practises in West Byfleet Health Centre on Fridays, the rest of the week in Windsor. He is fantastic and pretty much exculsively treats "difficult" cases.

Phone number is 01753 850322

Even if you have to go to Windsor a couple of times to then get a Friday slot he's worth it - I've been through a few osteopaths for different reasons.

BabyHaribo Fri 13-Jun-14 18:37:44

Thanks for the recommendations.

Slightly better today although DH is home so I'm not doing anything.

No idea how I'm going to cope with DS next week!

Saraswati Fri 13-Jun-14 18:47:24

Katharine Benstead - based in crowthorne which is about 20 min drive from Guildford just over the border in berks. She is lovely and very experienced and also does cranial osteopathy on babies, good to know for after birth!

heather1 Fri 13-Jun-14 18:53:51

My experience was Osteopathy was great when I had SPD with DS2. 80% improvement in symptoms

RandomMess Fri 13-Jun-14 21:36:38

The treatment is rest, rest, rest, rest!!!

It made an absolute huge difference to me so I too would say it;s worth getting treatment.

allisgood1 Fri 13-Jun-14 21:41:40

I highly recommend my Physio. He is based in weybridge at the David Lloyd health club. David Barton, weybridge Physio: http://www.cobhamandweybridgephysio.com

After 3 treatments my SPD was so manageable I could sleep and walk again. Really recommend him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now