Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Red blood nearly 9 weeks pregnant terrified and abroad!

(68 Posts)
Chattycat78 Thu 12-Jun-14 06:55:44

Hi girls,

I'm 9 weeks pg tomorrow and when I went to the bathroom this morning I had red blood when I wiped sad it was proper red too. I think I lost about a tablespoon of blood so obviously I panicked and put a pad on. I've had a bit more spotting since but nothing the same and I've got no pain. I had a scan a week ago that showed a heartbeat and seemed to show all was well sad

Unfortunately I'm currently abroad so I cannot call the epu to get another scan Tuesday!

Does anyone have a similar story to share where it didn't end badly? I've had a miscarriage already and no children yet so I would be devastated if this is going the same way, especially when I'm not even in the countrysad

eurochick Tue 17-Jun-14 14:25:40

smile

Kerryp Tue 17-Jun-14 14:08:58

Glad it's good news x

FishWithABicycle Mon 16-Jun-14 19:05:19

so glad it's happy news!

ChocolateWombat Mon 16-Jun-14 17:55:23

Glad to hear your good news.

Pregnantagain7 Mon 16-Jun-14 17:50:29

Whoop whoop that's fantastic news! smile hope you have a very happy and non eventful pregnancy now. They never found a reason for my bleed either as you said it does seen to be very common.
Another one of those bloody awful pregnancy symptoms no one ever tells you about! grin

Hatteras Mon 16-Jun-14 17:15:41

Great news OP, what a relief for you!

HopefulMum111 Mon 16-Jun-14 13:53:29

So pleased for you. grin

Dizzywhore Mon 16-Jun-14 13:51:34

Lovely news. So pleased to read this x

LittlePeasMummy1 Mon 16-Jun-14 13:51:32

So pleased for you, thats fantastic x

Chattycat78 Mon 16-Jun-14 13:28:38

Thanks guys- yes it's a mega relief. I had already started thinking about which "option" for management of a miscarriage I would go for this time and what I would do about work, so it's amazing to have the good news. X

Bankholidaybaby Mon 16-Jun-14 13:23:20

But he's absolutely fine now, nearly 10 months old and asleep on my lap.

Bankholidaybaby Mon 16-Jun-14 13:22:18

Just seen this thread, Chatty, and so relieved to get to the happy news at the end. I bled for ten days at 5-6 weeks and was told I was probably miscarrying but was booked in at EPU to check, where we saw my baby's beautiful flashing heartbeat which was wonderful after days of misery and uncertainty.

I then bled quite heavily at 23 and then at 26 weeks, both leading to overnight admissions, scans etc. with no obvious cause found. I was warned that late pregnancy bleeding is linked to premature birth, and my son did pop out quite quickly at 33 plus 1.

Alita7 Mon 16-Jun-14 13:09:38

Very good to hear they like me you're one of the lucky ones! Good luck :D

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 16-Jun-14 12:50:56

Oh wow, that's fantastic news!!!thanks I'm so pleased for you x

Chattycat78 Mon 16-Jun-14 12:48:54

Hi girls,

Thanks so much for all the messages- it really helped a lot and helped kep me going when I was away.

I just had a private scan and everything is progressing well, heard the heartbeat and everything. Am so relieved. There was no cause which could be found for the blood. Very strange but I'm not complaining. smile it just shows how common it is though!

Pregnantagain7 Mon 16-Jun-14 09:50:14

Hey chattycat hope things are going ok, got everything crossed for yousmile

Alita7 Mon 16-Jun-14 08:55:11

I had pink spotting and then one instance of bright red blood when I woke up between 6-7 weeks I was terrified after a previous mmc but somehow just knew it was ok, my first thought when I saw the red blood was don't worry its fine. I had a scan at the epu which showed a heart beat and baby measured fine smile they found no cause!
Then I had a perfect wriggling baby at my 12 week scan and now I'm awaiting my 20 week scan on Thursday :D it can be ok!
Be prepared for the worst but don't panic you have hope!

sebsmummy1 Mon 16-Jun-14 08:35:32

Honestly everybody is different and you have to assume you are fine until you are told different by a medical professional. Everything crossed for you re. scan xx

FishWithABicycle Sun 15-Jun-14 22:17:06

You can't really know for sure till you have a scan. everything could still be fine. we're all keeping everything crossed for you.

Dizzywhore Sun 15-Jun-14 21:34:26

I didn't until I went to EPU after about a week, probably when the red bleeding started. I was told I'd had a mmc. I was really shocked. I had seen a doctor who told me you can bleed and have some pain the first few week so I put it down to that. It wasn't until the bleeding got red and more painful that I had a scan.
But as your not in any pain I'd think that was a good sign. X

Chattycat78 Sun 15-Jun-14 21:06:49

Thanks guys- dizzy your story reminds me that this could unfortunately go either waysad at what point did u know for sure u were having a miscarriage if you don't mind me asking?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 15-Jun-14 20:58:06

Bet it's nice to be home?smile please update when you've had your scan x

Dizzywhore Sun 15-Jun-14 20:55:46

Hope you get an scan sorted this week to put your mind at rest. If your EPU won't do one maybe the hospital/clinic where you had your IVF? Good luck.
When I had my first mc I had lots of pain before the bleeding started. But it's not true about the really heavy none stop bleeding mine wasn't like that at all. I had light brown blood for about 5 day, with pain then red blood but still not that heavy for about another week, still with pain then a really big bleed which didn't stop for a few days, awful pain then.
But as you've had no pain I'm sure everything will be fine.

Chattycat78 Sun 15-Jun-14 20:48:31

Hi guys,

Just got home, thanks for asking. Will be on phone first thing to epu to try to Sort something out! No more blood etc since incident on Thursday (touch wood) so hopefully it's a blip- I need to check though, I'm not the sort of person who can just wait and see til the next scan!

Hopeful it's interesting you were told that- I didn't realise that.

HopefulMum111 Sun 15-Jun-14 20:42:30

Not that anything anyone on here says will stop you worrying, but I was told it is more common to bleed than not. So if this is the first time you have lost any blood, you don't have pain and the bleeding has stopped (or predominantly stopped), it sounds like your body is just settling down and not miscarrying.

Fingers crossed for you and if your hospital won't scan you, Google nearby private places because they probably won't have a long wait to reassure you. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now