Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Postitive test 6 weeks after misscarriage HELP!!!! READ MY STORY

(13 Posts)
lostsoul01 Wed 11-Jun-14 07:37:58

Hi all please can someone help... on the 30th April i lost my baby at 12 weeks and when i got to hospital they told me i mostly passed through and wasnt that much left, after i went home i bled for over a week and then what i thought was my first cycle on the 27th May 6 weeks later my period started but it wasnt blood it was brown and back and we tiny bits of blood. I was in the hospital last week and they said it was just bad luck and i could try again and everything was okay, then 9th of june and today i took 2 clear blue and they showed pregnant 1-2 weeks. Am i pregnant or HCG still there

lostsoul01 Wed 11-Jun-14 07:39:57

Sorry might i add i was at the hospital to get my results of the loss of the baby and me

gaggiagirl Wed 11-Jun-14 07:44:18

No advice but bumping for you. Someone will be along soon with wise words.
Sorry for your loss.
Everything crossed for you.

Teddybear33 Wed 11-Jun-14 07:44:26

I think the best thing would be to see your GP or contact your previous midwife team so that you can get a definitive answer as you have obviously been through a rough time already. Good luck and sorry for your loss xx

lostsoul01 Wed 11-Jun-14 07:57:06

Thanks guys I have a appointment today with my GP to test my HCG as it should have went down by now. Hopefully it's all good news.

mistlethrush Wed 11-Jun-14 07:58:48

Mine has taken at least 3 months after the last two of my mc to come down properly.

Teddybear33 Wed 11-Jun-14 07:58:58

Everything crossed for you xx

lostsoul01 Wed 11-Jun-14 08:02:58

Oh god has it taken them that long. Thats a shame.. They really should go down quicker its not fair.. I thought mines would have went down as a havent had any clotts in my LMP and it was mostly brown qhich made me think it was a new pregnany, but i will find out today. Thanks guys

LittlePeaPod Wed 11-Jun-14 08:48:42

I mc last year in March and found out I was pregnant early May. DD was born NYE. It can happen Op. Good luck and potentially congratulation. smile

squizita Wed 11-Jun-14 12:25:56

Do contact your hospital (try the team who saw you for the MC directly). I've had problems with HCG before and you can have 'bleeds' which make you think they're periods and they're not. Mind you I was a very very rare case (less than 1/1000 - partial molar) so it is probably either good news or at worse something far less serious.

Teddybear33 Sat 14-Jun-14 06:54:34

Hi lostsoul01 how did you get on? You've been in my thoughts. Hope you're ok xx

OhTheDrama Sat 14-Jun-14 08:55:51

I'm so sorry Rory your loss OP. I lost my baby in May as it had stopped devoeloping at 8 weeks. I had a D&C at 12+2 on the 13th May. I found out on Monday that I am pregnant again.

Were you advised to take a test 2 weeks after the bleeding stopped?

squizita Sat 14-Jun-14 10:54:35

Under the circumstances your GP should refer you for a quick scan, which should give an answer. Bloods alone can't tell you everything as even a tiny bit of retained materials can cause a rise.
But more women turn out to be pregnant than turn out to have elevated HCG so FX the scan's good news.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now