Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

sick of feeling sick

(14 Posts)
natharley11 Mon 09-Jun-14 18:22:20

I'm soo fed up of work atm as constantly being sick cant even keep water down

Feel useless I got a three year old who needs his mum and im next to useless atm

And to top it all off they ending our fixed term contract end of june

# not doing well

Noappointmentnecessary Mon 09-Jun-14 21:40:45

Poor you. I feel down today too. I am 8 weeks and I am sick of feeling sick with a few episodes of vomiting. I feel so lazy, my stomach constantly has this uncomfortable feeling. Walking anywhere is an effort as I get exhausted quickly. I keep visioning myself as blooming in pregnancy only for it to follow by a sudden case of nauseous ness. I am fed up. I want to feel normal. I want to do normal things. I go to work I come home I sleep, I eat dinner I rest - I go to bed - so bored. I hope we can feel good one day x hope your ok, it can get you down x

natharley11 Mon 09-Jun-14 21:51:29

I know I just feel awful today im going try see if doc can give me something for sickness ended up with HB with my son and can't be in hospital with a three year old
Just like to fast forward to the good bit of being pregnant

iamelectrogirl Tue 10-Jun-14 13:49:29

I definitely feel your pain- I was like this until 13 weeks, most of the time I couldn't even manage to get out of bed unless I needed to throw up.
My GP prescribed me Stematil (I believe) which started working quickly and allowed me to eat and drink again- the only problem was that I felt so tired hmm best of luck, anybody who's experienced this knows how awful it can be x

natharley11 Thu 12-Jun-14 13:14:02

Doctor given me cyclezine im not convinced tho as onlyseseems to reduced slightly today . Just praying after 12 weeks gets better was more like 30 last time. Getting me down as was soo happy but feeling ill putting proper dampner on it

cywka80 Thu 12-Jun-14 16:36:48

I know how you feel. I'm 10 weeks pregnant and have spent the last 6 weeks feeling sick - throwing up and just not able to eat normally. Over the last few days it has gotten worse - throwing up at least 3 times a day.

I have absolutely no energy and just can't do anything at home. I'm still working but struggling to do conference calls etc - luckily I work from home.

Ive contacted the midwife and seen the doctor and they say I have to let it run the course. But does anyone know what makes them decide whether or not to medicate?

natharley11 Thu 12-Jun-14 18:10:23

My doc just gave them to me when told her how much I'm suffering . Hoping it gets better after 12 weeks

cywka80 Thu 12-Jun-14 18:31:18

Thanks for letting me know. I'll call my doctor tomorrow to see if there's anything she can give me because I'm just suffering!

natharley11 Fri 13-Jun-14 08:12:51

Hope it helps although mine only eased a little with tabs x

rockstars12 Fri 13-Jun-14 08:39:45

I'm now almost 16 weeks with twins and had horrific sickness from around week 7-14 until an appointment at the hospital for an asthma review in the antenatal unit. They could see I was really suffering and said my midwife should have offered before, they gave me cyclizine, it takes a few days to become properly effective and yes for the first part you do feel exhausted as they make you drowsy.
I've found as my body adjusted and I was able to get the nutrition and fluid to build up in my body again, I felt miles better. I finally now feel more human and wish I'd gone to get help sooner. I actually eat normally and have energy, I can walk... Amazing!
On the downside, apparently many midwives and doctors don't like prescribing them. At kings in london I was told the midwife only offers reassurance. Unfortunately that alone was not gonna do bugger all for my dehydrated hungry body.
Be your own advocate if you really think you need it, insist or get a second opinion. Obviously you worry about taking medication, but after the huge thalidomide drug issues these medications have been extensively tested, or at least so I've been told.

natharley11 Fri 13-Jun-14 18:27:31

Maybe my cyclezine not kicked in yet then here's hoping
I can def relate to the tired thing had day of today and have literally slept all day
I feel awful and fed up altho doc did say show baby is progressing fine so that the positive I suppose xx

cywka80 Fri 13-Jun-14 22:04:47

I contacted the doctor today and of course they were not so willing to give me the medication but couldn't give me an alternative to get rid of the sickness. So, got my prescription of Metoclopramide which seems to be helping me get my appetite back and to keep it down but I'm still feeling sick. Fingers crossed it works over the next few days.

natharley11 Sat 14-Jun-14 10:28:44

Think ww just going to have to roll with it and hope medicine works im praying so as im back in work Monday x

cywka80 Sun 15-Jun-14 17:23:30

Good luck back at work on Monday! X

As for me, I'm still not feeling right - really tired and feeling sick after doing everything - eating, showering, cooking, walking. It's just so tough!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now