Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

28 weeks baby position.

(10 Posts)
duzzlightyearsmum Sat 07-Jun-14 20:40:23

So it probably isn't a concern but just curious about it! I have seen two midwives who have both made quite a fuss about baby being in the breech position. I am only 28 weeks (not quite) and am myself not particularly concerned by this but am now starting to consider if I maybe should be?!?! One of my 'pregnancy' emails suggested that baby a should be head down by now but I'm sure it can't be that bad this early if she's not, can it?!?!

frankiebuns Sat 07-Jun-14 20:53:42

My midwife says it isn't a concern until 36 weeks, my baby was head down at one appointment next one breech then head down again I'm 29 weeks tuesday , I'm having a c section but my ds was breech and I was on all fours trying to turn him and at 34 weeks he turned! No not really a problem

Gen35 Sat 07-Jun-14 21:42:45

It's probably that they made a fuss to note it so that you get properly checked for baby's position at subsequent appts - plenty of time for baby to turn, but you also don't want to get into labour and find baby is breech then and get rushed for a c section (as happened to a friend). I've had another friend who's baby turned the right way at 38 wks. Dd was head down for weeks and weeks and I still had to be induced.

SellyMevs Sat 07-Jun-14 23:38:20

I'm 29+4, and for the last 3 weeks or so, every time he has been checked he has been in a totally different position. I had a scan last week and he was bum down, had been head down a week before then. I reckon he is still bum down now as I had felt pretty much every movement when he turned last week!! No one seems concerned just yet... its still got plenty of time!

allisgood1 Sat 07-Jun-14 23:52:00

I'm 27 weeks and pretty damn sure baby is going between transverse and breech. I'm not worried. Plenty of time to get in the right position still.

Boogles91 Sun 08-Jun-14 00:06:04

Our lil mans been head diwn from 28wks possibly earlier. Hes getting lower as weeks go by and midwife has told me in her experience given how low he is now at 34wks and how long hes been head down i probably wont make full term. Wich doesnt bother me but i try not to pay too muchattention cus every pregnancy is different. Im sure its nout to worry about lotsa babys turn around x

Iswallowedawatermelon Sun 08-Jun-14 00:15:25

Mine was transverse until around 35 weeks. Then head down.

Barbsta Sun 08-Jun-14 04:16:44

My baby wasn't head down at 28 but was by. 32 and my mw didn't seem concerned at all

Heatherbell1978 Sun 08-Jun-14 06:34:52

I'm 30 wks and have no idea what position baby is in, other than there is a lot of movement! He was transverse 2 wks ago and midwife wasn't bothered so I'm not really worrying about it. As long as I can still feel him wriggling away, I'm happy!

Carsandtrucks Sun 08-Jun-14 07:06:38

Had appointment the other day and baby is feet down. She said not to worry as theres lots of space to move

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now