Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

just a bit of advice

(12 Posts)
Geminiwitch22 Sat 07-Jun-14 19:07:44

hi just looking for a bit of advice.
ive been feeling tired all day today, (slept till midday) and been having tightening over bump on and off all day. no show, no waters breaking couple people have suggested a slow labour (only 37 weeks). ive not had any consistent pains just mild niggles and tightening (nothing like the braxton hicks i had). just wondering if anyone could advise?

lljkk Sat 07-Jun-14 19:14:55

Pretend it's not happening & go do something fun, instead. smile

PenguinsHatchedAnEgg Sat 07-Jun-14 19:36:42

Ignore it on the assumption it is just late pregnancy symptoms and revel in the fact you can sleep all morning. Anything else it may turn out to be can be a pleasant surprise. smile

Gen35 Sat 07-Jun-14 21:44:58

It's probably nothing but you can never have too much pre-baby sleep!

htbftm Sat 07-Jun-14 21:53:30

The problem with 'slow labour' is it is like watching paint dry x100000! If you focus on each and every twinge it will drag terribly! As penguin says, the best bet is to try and ignore it and keep yourself busy and preoccupied! If t is labour, you will know before you need to! Have got my fingers crossed for u tho! xx

PenguinsHatchedAnEgg Sat 07-Jun-14 21:58:10

Yes, it really will drag. I hope you don't, but if, like me in my second pregnancy, you go to 8 days over despite having twinges from 36/37 weeks, you will send yourself deranged. I was emotionally in a far better place third time round when I ignored it all.

Rowingdowntheriver Sat 07-Jun-14 23:11:14

You've just described my symptoms exactly! I'm due this week and am trying to ignore the braxton hicks but it is easier said than done. Have just generally felt strange all day.

lljkk Mon 09-Jun-14 19:21:54

Any updates from you overladen ladies?

Rowingdowntheriver Mon 09-Jun-14 23:06:36

Nothing from me but I am thankful I am booked in for a c-section in a couple of days as feel totally ready to get this baby out now!

Nellysgirl Mon 09-Jun-14 23:15:53

I had this for 3 weeks! Put on the monitor and midwife confirmed it was genuine contractions but they were on and off for 3 weeks! I went in for a due date sweep and was 5cm! In no pain! It was very fast when it kicked in for real so be careful! I nearly delivered in the car stuck in traffic confused

ChicaMomma Tue 10-Jun-14 11:42:35

I've had these on and off since about 30 weeks too, 39 weeks now. Think they are probably a variation of BH to be honest.
I had some during my scan last week as it happened, consultant said it's all 'normal uterine activity', whatever that is, but either way nothing to worry about apparently!

Geminiwitch22 Wed 11-Jun-14 15:47:41

well just been told by obstetrics, i am 2 cm dilated and being induced one week today....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now