Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby imminent?

(8 Posts)

Hi all

I wonder if anyone has any wisdom/advice/anecdotes

I'm 36+1 with an EDD of 4th July.

Been having Braxton Hicks regularly since 20 weeks.

On Tuesday night had sex with DH (posted about it at the time) and started bleeding medium flow bright red blood. Went to labour ward and was monitored and had the anti d as am rhesus negative.

Brown bleeding continued for around 48 hours.

Thursday night was very tired and throwing up (fairly spectacularly- like a really gross fountain grin) and since then have felt exhausted, headachey and not hungry.

Threw up again last night at approx the same time as the night before- full on everything in my body coming up chunder.

Haven't managed to get out of bed today. Have managed some lucazade, an ice lolly and some yoghurty raisins but have heartburn.

Braxton Hicks of about four/five an hour but no bleeding (just yellow discharge) and baby moving lots. Backache and hipache. Also have a very upset stomach. Period pains and dragging pains in that area.

Is this baby on it's way? Am I being paranoid? Is this normal?!

Panicking as DH in Wales for work (I'm in London) after I insisted he go as "I'm fine!" confused

Bump

A final, hopeful bump as period pains are worse but no other developments grin

strawberryjam Sat 07-Jun-14 18:16:55

I would think about phoning in for some advice. Just to be either checked out or mind at rest

ToAvoidConversation Sat 07-Jun-14 18:50:47

I have no idea but do you have someone you can call to be with you?

Boogles91 Sat 07-Jun-14 18:52:45

I had a minor op on tuesday on my kidney, set things off but calmed down now....trust me you will know! I had almighty contractions and labour pains for half n hr,...the pain is undescribable but trust me u will know, nothing like bh. It felt like i needed a masive fart with tummy tightening so much and the worst period pains in the world. And i felt like i needed to push, aswell as the pain in my legs! all at once it was, i couldnt push as i would have broken my waters i got told, thankfully lil man is still in my tummy growing but hes moved down alot and midwives told me i probs wont make full term. It sounds like things are preparing but ring some just for your peice of mind x

My parents are 5 mins away so I'm fine for someone to come round if needs be.

Nothing's progressed I still just feel really poorly. Going to watch Britain's Got Talent in bed as I'm alone and there's no one to object!

dreamingofwineandcheese Sat 07-Jun-14 23:05:03

You sound like how I was when I had gastroenteritis early on in this pregnancy. The vomiting and diarrhea went on for a good few days and I felt completely wiped out.

Hope you are feeling better soon thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now