Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

visiting pregnant friend...

(4 Posts)
vmazie Sat 07-Jun-14 08:40:01

And my child has developed a cold with a really grotty sounding cough. She's well enough in herself to visit, but is it rude to take her (and her lurgy) to pregnant friends house for a cuppa?

spottydolphin Sat 07-Jun-14 08:45:42

Ask the friend. If it was me I wouldn't be bothered, but I know some people would rather not be exposed! :-)

PenguinsHatchedAnEgg Sat 07-Jun-14 09:38:31

Yes, I believe the generally accepted etiquette is to text (not phone, where she will be on the spot), explain and see what she says. I would not have been bothered in the slightest - I was working, travelling on public transport, etc. But others will want to reschedule.

GingerRodgers Sat 07-Jun-14 09:54:22

Text. I've already had 3 bad colds, d&v and a few other horrible bits and pieces all kindly donated from others (who knew they'd been ill but never said!angry) and I really appreciate when people give me the option to avoid getting sick again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now