Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Leaking fluid - sure you're all sick of me of late, but please help once more!

(6 Posts)
Darksideofthemoon88 Sat 07-Jun-14 07:34:44

I'm 39+2, have been in confirmed early labour since Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, but have made FA progress from that point. However, I've started leaking some kind of fluid confused It happens most often at night - which really confuses me as surely it should be more likely when I'm standing up rather than lying down?! - or when I have a really bad contraction. I can feel it come out and I'm as confident as I can be that it is vaginal. It definitely doesn't smell or look anything like urine and it doesn't only happen after sex - BUT I don't think it's my waters: the amniotic sac was intact last time I was checked out in hospital (Thursday night), though it was hanging through my cervix (sorry, TMI), but also the fluid seems a little too thick....not that I've seen amniotic fluid before, but I thought it would be water-like consistency and this is a little more viscose than that, but not as much as normal discharge. Seems to be mostly clear with the odd white-ish bit. Has a smell, but nothing unpleasant or indicative of infection; just non-descript really. Anyone know what this might be??

jaynebxl Sat 07-Jun-14 07:36:59

Sounds like your waters to me. Happened to me a bit like that. I'd get it checked because if it is there's a bit of a risk of infection if baby takes a while after that.

Well I seemed to be leaking and got myself to hospital but it was just discharge (gross) I lay down for an hour and they tested me for amniotic fluid

I think perhaps it's natures way of making sure the area is clean ??

JellyStrawberries Sat 07-Jun-14 07:45:16

Sounds like your waters - put a maternity pad in your knickers and keep it to show the midwife, that's what I had to do. Give the mw/labour ward a ring, they'll need to check you out because if your waters break and things don't get going they will need to monitor the baby. This happened to me nearly nine weeks ago and I ended up being induced which was absolutely fine. Good luck!

jaynebxl Sat 07-Jun-14 07:50:17

O and look out for any greeny yellow in it. If there is then you need to be checked cos that's probably meconium. That's what happened to me.

Darksideofthemoon88 Sat 07-Jun-14 08:14:24

How much discharge can you make?? I've soaked through five pairs of knickers since about 2200 last night, and I did the same with a few pairs yesterday too confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now