Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Night sweats and pregnany - GROSS

(4 Posts)
MrsGiraffe12 Sat 07-Jun-14 05:29:54

Ok, so I know this is a gross question / admission but it's driving me barmy!

For the last 4 or 5 weeks I've been waking up in the night and in the morning literally drenched in sweat. Not just a little bit hot but actually wet with it. Even if I sleep nude with the window open it still happens. Sounds so gross I know, sorry :-(

I'm 27 weeks pregnant and just think 13 more weeks of this is going to drive me potty!!

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any tips / advice to help reduce this too / make sleep more comfertable with it x

Rockchick1984 Sat 07-Jun-14 18:10:17

Totally normal, and it gets far worse postnatally! Make sure you drink plenty of water to stay hydrated, it doesn't necessarily happen constantly though (I would have a few bad nights then it stopped again) but not really anything you can do to prevent it.

whenskiesareblue Sat 07-Jun-14 19:41:37

I had this postnatally and it was horrible so I really feel for you. Maybe ask mw for advice?

butterfly86 Sat 07-Jun-14 21:14:39

I've just started having this I'm 36 weeks glad I'm not the only one I woke up drenched last night and that's with nothing on! Not sure there's anything we can do about it though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now