Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice please.

(2 Posts)
Blondebrunette1 Fri 06-Jun-14 12:12:53

I was measured as average on chart at my last appointment despite the fact everyone who isn't aware thinks I'm carrying multiples or imminently due yet I'm only 6.5 months. I noticed she measured not far above my tummy button so upon going back I asked someone to check the measurement and she said it's not been 2 weeks but she would and she got 10cm bigger then remeasured and said she got 7cm bigger than the initial measurement. I had polyhydramnios undiagnosed until induction last pregnancy and I don't want it to happen again. I expected she'd send me for a scan but she said to come back in a week she'll remeasure (as you need two week in between measurements) and then send me if she's still getting me too big. I wasn't pleased but I said ok. I've spoken to my husband and he wants me to call back and tell them I need checking now. Surely if my measurements were to reduce again they should be concerned by that? The measurements have me as 7 weeks ahead and full term on graph even if the lesser measurement. What should I do? I feel I should get a second opinion but at the same time I feel I'm going against my midwife. What do you think? X

Blondebrunette1 Fri 06-Jun-14 12:16:02

She's not even documented that she measured me as she said they'd ask why she would before 2 weeks?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now