Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it possible not to have morning sickness on 4th pg after 3 pg's with horrendous morning sickness?

(19 Posts)
Wannabemumof4 Fri 06-Jun-14 11:10:48

Hi,

I am 6 wks pregnant and normally by now I would feel exhausted and have constant nausea. I had convinced myself that I had a missed miscarriage but had blood tests on Wednesday and my progesterone was 142.6 nmol/L and my hcg was 7428 - all very encouraging according to my Doctor and he hopes to see something in a scan as early as Monday.

The only difference with this pg is that I am taking progesterone (inserted vaginally) as I had some cramping (which I've had in previous pg's) but to be on the safe side as apparently there is no downside. I'm not sure this would prevent morning sickness though.

Has anyone not had morning sickness after having it with previous pregnancies?

Firstpregnancy2014 Fri 06-Jun-14 11:37:22

Abit of an old wives tale... But are all your other children the same gender ?!smile

Wannabemumof4 Fri 06-Jun-14 16:42:38

Yes, they are. I have 3 lovely DD's. smile I'm assuming I'm having a 4th DD though. Don't know why. Afraid to get my hopes up for a DS and will be happy with a DD anyway. It is weird that I can actually function properly right now. Normally I would be a mess but maybe it will just hit me in a couple of days.

beccajoh Fri 06-Jun-14 16:47:48

I've only had two pregnancies and one was hideous (DD) right from the word go, and with my son I was a bit tired but that was it. Kept forgetting I was pregnant!

Wannabemumof4 Fri 06-Jun-14 16:49:32

I think I need to hear from someone who has had different experiences but with the same gender - otherwise I am going to start thinking that I am going to have a boy! confused

Pregnantagain7 Fri 06-Jun-14 17:02:16

Sorry but I had two girls with bad ms and then my third I had nothing just extreme tiredness that kicked in about 7 weeks he was a boy!
I am currently 21 weeks with dc4 I don't know what I'm having but I've had no sickness just extreme tiredness in the first twelve weeks again. I'm positive it's a boy!! smile

youwish Fri 06-Jun-14 18:18:08

I have one girl two boys,bad sickness and axaustion with girl and one boys,hardly anything with the other boy :D

youwish Fri 06-Jun-14 18:18:27

I have one girl two boys,bad sickness and axaustion with girl and one boys,hardly anything with the other boy :D

PilauMice Fri 06-Jun-14 18:43:42

I've heard that you feel sicker with girls too. I felt pretty drap with DS though and now I am feeling equally but differently crap with my second pregnancy. This makes me wonder who is in there!

Good luck!

AngelsInWinter Fri 06-Jun-14 19:58:08

Apparently you ARE more sick generally when carrying a girl ( have a look on the NHS website). I've had two girls and a boy and felt much worse with the girls. Congratulations! Xx

Wannabemumof4 Fri 06-Jun-14 20:09:24

Oh god, I'm going to start thinking I'm having a boy! I have to get that thought out of my head! After 3 DD's a boy would be nice... I didn't realise there was so much evidence to support that theory! Technically this is my 5th pregnancy as I mc'd the first but still had dreadful morning sickness. It seems so strange to be like this after all that. I'm just waiting for the nausea to kick in but I just feel a bit tired and boobs are bigger. This is very manageable. However, my Mum had 3 DS's and me and had morning sickness with all of us.... confused

Llareggub Fri 06-Jun-14 20:11:44

I've never had any morning sickness. I have 2 sons!

Bowlersarm Fri 06-Jun-14 20:14:51

I had no morning sickness whatsoever with three boys.

But I'm sure I have heard of varying reports meaning it doesn't indicate one particular gender.

JellyStrawberries Fri 06-Jun-14 20:16:42

I've had terrible sickness with my two boys and terrified of ever having a girl as I couldn't cope with any worse! Good luck, hope it all works out well for you.

myitchybeaver Fri 06-Jun-14 20:19:49

I had no morning sickness with my DS, I was dog rough with my two girls. Almost everyone I know has had the same experience.

Notso Fri 06-Jun-14 20:26:39

I had terrible sickness with DD, none with DS1, extreme sickness with DS2 and none with DS3.

Wannabemumof4 Fri 06-Jun-14 20:29:09

On DD3 my morning sickness was horrendous so when they said at the 3m scan it was a boy I thought that made sense as somebody once told me with boys there is either no ms or it is just horrendous. Then it turned out DD3 was a DD and I was a bit messed up after that for a short while. So now pg with what I've been assuming to be DD4, everyone here is saying it might well be a DS! Argh! and all I was just wondering if it is possible to not have ms after having it every other time. Wasn't really thinking in terms of gender! And now that I think of it I have no sweet tooth either although that came a bit later in the other pg's. Oh well, I really genuinely will be happy if turns out to be another DD and absolutely shocked an equally delighted if it is a DS. smile

FrontForward Fri 06-Jun-14 20:33:33

I had awful sickness, tiredness and general fatigue with my DD1 and DD2. Pregnant with number 3 and I barely knew it. I bloomed and didn't feel pregnant at all.

She was and is different in looks but has the same anatomy as my other girls!

Wannabemumof4 Wed 11-Jun-14 20:22:20

I take it all back! The morning sickness has started but it is manageable. I certainly don't feel amazing but I can function fairly well. I also have meds this time (Domperidome). I'm taking about two thirds of the full dose I've been prescribed and am okish. It may be due to the meds that I am doing ok but I'm afraid to stop completely the meds!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now