Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due date today

(12 Posts)
SparklyMonkeyMummy Fri 06-Jun-14 08:34:55

Well today our DD2 is due, and I'm so fed up. DD1 was 12 days late, and only came after 2 stretch and sweeps. This baby is showing no signs of turning up. I'm grumpy, uncomfortable and irritable. I just want her here, to meet her and to get to introduce her to our DD1, whose 3 and 1/2.

I have a stretch and sweep booked for Monday, but I was really hoping she would arrive before then. I know she will come when she is ready (supposedly), just wish I could evict her now!

Anyone else due/overdue and thoroughly fed up?

aroha77 Fri 06-Jun-14 08:56:01

I was due on 31st. Also hoping it'll happen before sweep on Monday! But hoping not my birthday on Sunday.

Have had no Braxton hicks or anything so far. Thought my boobs would at least feel different by now?!

Wasn't feeling impatient at the beginning of the week but am now because it's getting harder to sleep and I'm just getting irritable with everyone!

Artistic Fri 06-Jun-14 09:05:05

Have you considered having castor oil? When DD1 was 5 days late I had some in tea & my labour started in 30 mins. Completed in 4.5 hours! Could be a coincidence, but can't really hurt to try. I didn't want any medical intervention to get it started so tried this! Good luck!

McFox Fri 06-Jun-14 09:11:24

Me! I'm also due today and am booked in for an induction (due yo gestational diabetes) on Monday which I'm desperately trying to avoid. I've had a sweep already this week and things started moving, but they calmed down yesterday. My consultant asked me to arrange another one for today and I can't get a midwife to do it!

Am going to spend today nipple twiddling, walking (not at the same time!) and bouncing on my ball to try go get things going again...

SparklyMonkeyMummy Fri 06-Jun-14 09:41:18

I've had a few painful braxton hicks, but nothing to get excited over. Tried all the nipple twiddling, ball bouncing etc but nothing. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you McFox

artistic I thought castor oil worked by causing 'gut' cramps? I've had dulcolax due to constipation, which obviously induces the bowls to contract, so thought if this didn't work castor oil wouldn't? I also have no idea where to buy it from!

aroha77 Fri 06-Jun-14 10:42:46

I've only just stopped feeling sick after pretty much 9 months of it so can't bring myself to try castor oil!

McFox Fri 06-Jun-14 11:12:16

Thanks Sparkly, same here, a bit of pain but nothing major. Am a bit too scared to try the castor oil, there are so many warnings against it. If this carries on over the weekend I might feel differently though - induction is really going to mess with my hypnobirthing hmm

randdom Fri 06-Jun-14 11:19:54

I'm now 7 days over and have completely given up trying to evict this baby. They will come when they come and not a moment sooner I feel.

moneyone Fri 06-Jun-14 11:41:31

Lay off the castor oil! My midwife warned they could always tell who'd had it as you poo yourself dramatically in labour grin
Hang on in there...

SparklyMonkeyMummy Fri 06-Jun-14 13:59:20

lol ok that's definitely put me off the castor oil money grin

McFox Fri 06-Jun-14 14:09:28

Ditto smile

Mummy2two2014 Fri 06-Jun-14 14:12:57

I know how your feeling I was 8 days late... I tried everything everyone suggested from a week before I was due up to 7 days late when I was booked in for induction. But nothing worked then on the 27th I went in for induction got given a stretch and sweep and a pessy inserted at the time at 1pm contractions started at 2ish then at 5.30am 28th I had my waters broken for me and was then put on the drip. My contraction were in bare able that I was on gas and air and had 3 epidurals. ( still able to walk, didn't numb anything! ) then at 7pm I had to use my contractions to push my son out as I wasn't getting any urges to push finally at 7.35 he was born weighing 10lb 6oz I was told he would be a 7lb baby... I also had a 2nd degree tear and have 9 stitches... He really didn't want to be born. I wonder if I'd still be pregnant now if I hadn't gone in for the induction. Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now