Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Rubbish day today

(21 Posts)
Noappointmentnecessary Thu 05-Jun-14 19:26:49

I've been throwing up in the loo today and my stomach feels like I've got a really bad stomach ache. I feel in limbo because although I have done a test with a dark line coming up almost immediately, however I've had no confirmation of my pregnancy from professionals. I feel so rubbish, retching everyday, bloating stomach. I feel down today x

DreamOfMeBaby Thu 05-Jun-14 20:02:17

Oh poor you.....sad how long ago did you do your test/how many weeks preg do you think you may be? Have you had negative tests from professionals? Regardless of wether you are preg, you need to keep drinking sips of water/cordial to try and stop yourself becoming dehydrated.

Lozmatoz Thu 05-Jun-14 20:06:59

Unfortunately no professional will check if you're pregnant (or at least they never have in my experience) until your first scan.

Vitamin B6 was a godsend for me when I had morning sickness. May also be worth going to your GP if its severe, they can prescribe stuff for you. Good luck.

DreamOfMeBaby Thu 05-Jun-14 20:09:13

Will your GP not do a preg test for you?

Noappointmentnecessary Thu 05-Jun-14 20:13:58

I'm sure test is positive - im being silly - I'm about 6 weeks. I just feel shit - I'm thinking if going to the docs actually. I have a water bottle which I sip throughout the day and I'm currently drinking ginger and lemon tea. My stomach has that feeling after you have just been sick. It's horrible. I have no motivation to do anything - I come home I lie on the sofa. I'm fed up. This stomach feeling is with me 24/7. X

Noappointmentnecessary Thu 05-Jun-14 20:15:00

I take pregnacare - however, I'm now wondering if it is pregnacare making me feel more shit as I read up stuff about it. I might try a few days of just taking a folic acid
Supplement?

DreamOfMeBaby Thu 05-Jun-14 20:23:36

Oh I feel your pain!!!!!!!! You poor thing. I was soooooo ill with my DD. Is this your 1st pregnancy? I took just folic acid, but then when I had my midwife appt, I was told I needed vitamin D (I think it was) too. I'm pretty sure pregnacare has all this in, but i know the tablet is big!! I used to find an ice pop or ice cube helped me keep some fluids down. I know it's crap...you feel like utter poo I know. My sickness subsided by 11 weeks...I know that seems a lifetime away at this point. flowers

Noappointmentnecessary Thu 05-Jun-14 20:26:49

Yes my 1st pregnancy. I feel lost, don't know what to expect, how I'm supposed to feel etc. All I know is I feel shit and I cannot wait to get past this stage and feel normal and do things with my husband again. All I want to do is lie down sad

MrsMonkeyBear Thu 05-Jun-14 20:30:31

I struggled to take Pregnacare in the first few weeks. I swapped to just folic acid and a liquid iron supplement. To ease the nausea I got some travel sickness bands and they worked wonders (still wearing them at 20 weeks) I also tried to eat even if I felt awful, if a slice of toast was all I could manage then that's all it was, but it did help get rid of the "puking all day" feeling.

DreamOfMeBaby Thu 05-Jun-14 20:35:15

You lie down Hun...that's all I could do too. I felt very down too, cried a lot. You have a LOT of hormones flying around your body, so no doubt you feel terrible. You soon will feel better, if not with your sickness with your mood, especially when you start to see your little bump emerging. Are you managing to eat anything?

Noappointmentnecessary Thu 05-Jun-14 20:45:29

I'm not eating as much before at all. I haven't eaten chocolate since god knows when - lol, or drink a proper cup of tea. My food choices r shit - lots of starchy - chip
Shop chips. It's awful. I long for the day where I wake up and "feel good"

Noappointmentnecessary Thu 05-Jun-14 20:45:53

I think I'm going to buy those sickness bands

DreamOfMeBaby Thu 05-Jun-14 20:53:07

Eat what you fancy at the moment...within reason obviously grin...you can eat healthily when you are feeling better. Keep your energy up as much as you can, if that means eating some chips and keeping them down, then so be it. Like MrsMonkey said about the bands, I've also heard of other people using them too, and I think I will definately be trying them if in lucky enough to have another pregnancy.

TwigletFiend Fri 06-Jun-14 11:02:17

Another vote for the bands here too - am now 16 weeks with my first and was in the same boat as you not that long ago! The ones with the little click plate are ideal, so you get steady pressure but can also 'click' the disc against the pressure point rapidly if you feel a particularly vile surge coming on.

If ginger isn't working for you, try peppermint. There's a school of thought in holistic medicine that suggests that some people don't suit 'hot' remedies like ginger and are better with 'cold' ones like peppermint and vice versa.

Don't worry about your diet at this point, your baby will take what it needs with no regard for you! Eat whatever you can keep down. Starchy, carb-loaded foods seems to be the general consensus for stuff that is easy to stomach. Drink as much fluid as you can, even if it comes from sucking ice cubes rather than drinking water if that makes you feel sick, as said above.

The tiredness is also your hormones going into overdrive. Don't fight it, that will just make you feel worse! Try to rest as much as possible - this is one of the few times in your life where you can do so guilt free, because your body needs rest to help give its best for the baby. And tell anyone who whinges at you that they aren't creating a whole human being, so they can sod off! smile

It does get better, honestly. It's hideous while it lasts, so don't be afraid to ask the GP for anti-nausea meds if you need them. There are several that are safe to take in pregnancy. Head over to the Hyperemesis Support thread for sympathy and tips too, sometimes it helps to know you're not alone!

Hugs and thanks for you for now.

cookielove Fri 06-Jun-14 11:09:44

I didn't have sickness (don't shoot me) but the pregnecare pills made me feel disgusting, so I changed to intially just folic acid then the seven seas pregnancy pills. The seven seas does just folic acid or the combined one! I still take it now, it is big but it has never made me feel ill!

Noappointmentnecessary Fri 06-Jun-14 17:37:59

Last night I stopped taking pregnacare and just took a folic acid supplement. I actually feel slightly better today. Still get a bit nauseous and wierd feeling in my tummy, but so much better than yesterday x thanks ladies for the advice x

Redling Fri 06-Jun-14 17:51:28

There's no getting away from it, you can feel like utter shit for the first trimester. I basically lost January and February this year in a haze of vomiting, sleeping and crampy pains in boobs and stomach. It is hard, and you will cry, but it does end and you will feel almost normal again. The first bit is doubly crap because as you said, there is no 'real' confirmation from the Doctors, and you haven't told most people, so the hardest part is the part where you get less support then in the whole pregnancy. At least when heavily pregnant people tend to make allowances and support you! Rest as much as you can. Don't try to 'carry on' and act normal. If you feel ill, act as you would if you were that sick with a bug, rest, fluids etc. and it will end!

DreamOfMeBaby Fri 06-Jun-14 19:14:30

How are you feeling today OP? Hope you are managing to keep fluids down. I was told by my MIL that morning sickness was 'just a state of mind' angry....how wrong can that comment be?! I don't think she got any sickness envy...and as Redling says, I lost Feb and March last year....but I was full of energy come April when I hit 11 weeks. Keep your chin up and if you need to be in bed....be in bed!!

icklekid Sat 07-Jun-14 04:37:50

My dr recommend taking vit d as well as folic acid if struggling with multivitamin noappointment

Ohh drama as someone who has been sick from 5weeks-35weeks (and not expecting to stop) there is no state of mind about It! Just horrid horrid horrid!

DreamOfMeBaby Sat 07-Jun-14 19:57:56

ickle you poor thing...1st trimester sickness is one thing but whole preg sickness is just HORRID!! I feel for you. I know, when "state of mind" was said to me...I just burst into tears!! If it's a state of mind...doesn't say much for all us pregnant women out there!! Ha ha.

noappointment - I hope you are managing to enjoy some of the weekend. smile

beebop100 Sat 07-Jun-14 20:06:37

I took pregnacare with my last pregnancy and felt just like you. This time I'm taking sanatogen mum to be and have had no problems at all. I ran out and took an old pregnacare I still had and felt do sick for 2 days after. I'm convinced they make me feel terrible. I think they're really harsh in your stomach.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now