Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Need help, are these real contractions?

(9 Posts)
Kristylea Thu 05-Jun-14 11:00:18

I'm 34+5 weeks pregnant and have been having really bad tight pains in my abdomen but the out side stays relatively soft? The pain is that bad that it hurts my chest and back and I feel like I have to breathe really deeply and they come and go. I also have period type cramping, pressure pains in my vagina and lower back pain.
Should I be getting checked out or does it sound relatively normal.?

Darksideofthemoon88 Thu 05-Jun-14 11:07:24

Sounds kinda like the contractions I've been having. I'm 39 weeks today, so further on than you, but you can't see my abdomen get tight at all when I have one (though the midwife has confirmed that they definitely contractions). The only thing yo can feel on me is an increased hardness on the top rhs of my uterus where her feet are - it feels like she's pushing her bottom out, but of course her bottom isn't there at all. I'd ring MAU as a matter of urgency.

How long for?

I'd get checked out.

LJBanana Thu 05-Jun-14 11:11:21

I think you should ring your midwife. It's better to be on the safe side if you're unsure.

Kristylea Thu 05-Jun-14 11:21:22

Thank you for replying. I've had the period pain almost all day and had Braxton hicks just after lunch but have been having this tight feeling for almost 2 hours on and off. Should I start timing them? I'm also visiting my mum so am an hour away from my hospital and DH but I can go to the local hospital if need be.

gamerchick Thu 05-Jun-14 11:24:36

I think you should go in for a trace just to be on the safe side. You're still quite early to be popping yet.

I would phone and say exactly what you've written. Have you had any mucous type discharge / symptoms?

Don't worry - you've got DH and your mum today - just in case.

CarCiKoTab Thu 05-Jun-14 11:27:25

Phone your midwife just for reassurance but, you will start to experience different pains and what not now you are coming close to your due date not saying it can't be the beginning of labour. If it is you will surely know within a few hours. Good luck! grin

Ok OP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now