Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How often did you go in for monitoring?

(6 Posts)
HomeIsWhereTheGinIs Wed 04-Jun-14 19:53:30

Thank you - quite a spread then! I'm home again after my monitoring session and apparently all is well, they suspect a UTI is causing pain. So hopefully we caught it in time!

weebairn Wed 04-Jun-14 17:29:38

Didn't with DC1 - but there were three times I considered it

-at 23 weeks had no movements for a full day after feeling them every day since 17ish weeks, but was on holiday in the middle of nowhere and cried a lot and wondered what they could /what would I want them to do at that gestation anyway - then she moved again
- at 26 weeks I went to the GP for me (palpitations and light bleeding) but wasn't worried about the baby as lots of movements so didn't see anyone else (she did listen to heartbeat)
- at 30something weeks I got no movements for half a day and was considering going in when baby moved, so I didn't

Fingers crossed current pregnancy stays this straightforward

You asked for others' experiences but I would always err on the side of going in if you're worried

PenguinsHatchedAnEgg Wed 04-Jun-14 17:21:20

Once with DC1, in early labour when I was worried by decreased movement. Never with no2 or no3.

Just lucky though.

rainbowfeet Wed 04-Jun-14 17:04:34

Dd1 never
Dd2 from 28 weeks a scan every week then from 30 weeks monitored every other day & blood flow checked .. (Got to be a real bind until she was delivered at 36 weeks)
Ds3 in once when I had pains in my chest turned out to be an infection in my colon

strawberryjam Wed 04-Jun-14 16:59:46

Am 35w tomorrow and so far I haven't been once. With my last pregnancy I went in twice. Hope all is ok

HomeIsWhereTheGinIs Wed 04-Jun-14 16:57:12

Just idle wondering as I'm in a cab on my way in for my third monitoring session in a week. I'm 34+4 and had never been in in the past but over the past week I've have a decrease in movement, a rash and now today painful cramps.

I'd never not go in immediately if they told me to (I always call as soon as something worries me), so I'm not looking for reassurance on that score. I'd rather the staff thought I was a neurotic than risk missing something. But I was just curious - how often did you go in? I want to see how I stack up...!wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now