Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm convinced they have predicted wrong!

(19 Posts)
CarCiKoTab Wed 04-Jun-14 10:50:55

So I went for my 20 week scan yesterday, it's my fourth child and I currently have two boys and a girl and if I'm honest I'm not wanting a specific sex I just wanted to know what I was having. So we first have a trainee, she let us have a go at guessing and I guessed a boy she told me I was right and she was convinced it's a boy, same as the experienced Sonographer fine.

But I'm not sure if I'm totally convinced after seeing the girls scans, they pretty much resemble what I have seen, and I have this gut feeling, I'm not carrying like I carried with my boy's and I honestly suit carrying a girl better as this pregnancy has been identical to when I was having my girl. I know they say it's not 100% accurate but also claim they usually tell you your having a girl then it pops out a boy if they do get it wrong.

Has anyone got any experience of this happening to them, told you were having a boy and it pops out a girl?

It wasn't like they had a quick look either, they looked a good few times but I'm still not convinced. It's driving me mad because I honestly believe they have got it wrong.

Fissawissa Wed 04-Jun-14 11:09:56

Maybe put up a pic of your scan here & see if anyone can see anything!

YoureBeingASillyBilly Wed 04-Jun-14 11:16:47

Well you'll find out soon enough anyway. It's not really a big deal.

CarCiKoTab Wed 04-Jun-14 11:21:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

they can get it wrong. This was a long time ago but they said my first was a girl, but I knew he was a boy and he was. He's 16 now though so technology has moved on since then.

RoseberryTopping Wed 04-Jun-14 11:53:03

I thought they might have got the boy prediction wrong with this one as I'm carrying and feeling V different to my first DS, plus I kept having dreams it was a girl.

Went for a growth scan a couple of weeks ago though and got a very detailed look at his balls, so I'm pretty certain he's a boy now grin

I think you need to try and put it from your mind now and just wait till the big day. It's much more likely that a girl prediction would be wrong anyway. Good luck either way, I'm sure it'll be a scrumptious little ball of love whatever the gender smile

Foxeym Wed 04-Jun-14 13:39:18

It does look exactly the same as my boy scan. I've had 2DDs and 1DS and the pregnancies have all been completely different

Busymumto3dc Wed 04-Jun-14 13:41:31

If you really need to know can you get a private scan?

D0oinMeCleanin Wed 04-Jun-14 13:42:26

My cousin is a midwife and told me if they tell you it's a boy, it's a boy, if they tell you it's a girl it could be a boy with his bits tucked away.

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Wed 04-Jun-14 13:43:41

I was under the impression that boy predictions were more accurate than girl predictions.

CarCiKoTab Wed 04-Jun-14 14:09:46

It's not like I wanted a specific sex it's just something that is bugging me immensely thinking they could be wrong lol, sounds silly. I would go for a private scan but I don't feel it's worth the cost I'd prefer to just wait plus, I like to stay organised.

MummytoMog Wed 04-Jun-14 14:16:14

Babybond do a quick gender scan for �35, maybe worth having another look? We were told girl at our private 16 week scan and then confirmed girl again at 20 weeks. I still get niggling doubts though.

hmmthatsweird Wed 04-Jun-14 18:40:07

Um…do you know your name, dob and hospital id is all on that picture?

Did you mean to share that much?

Casmama Wed 04-Jun-14 19:50:38

If they say it is a boy then they gave seen either a penis or testicles so I would be very surprised if they have both got it wrong.

CarCiKoTab Wed 04-Jun-14 21:30:20

hmm thanks for the heads up I didn't even think to look! Stupid me. Can I get it removed?

CarCiKoTab Wed 04-Jun-14 21:31:03

Forgot to mention I may let you all know if I can find this thread once baby is born.

RoseberryTopping Wed 04-Jun-14 22:00:39

You can report your post and I'm sure MNHQ would be happy to remove for you

hmmthatsweird Wed 04-Jun-14 22:32:32

No worries. Definitely let us know what you end up having smile

allisgood1 Wed 04-Jun-14 22:34:03

Can you post your 12 week scan pic??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now